• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queen elizabeth memorial coins

I'm just wondering what you think about the memorial coins. I feel like the memorial coins got overshadowed by the Coronation and the platinum jubilee after the hype of the memorial coins. Do you think the memorial coins other than the memorial sovereign going to be popular over time or slowly be forgotten or not talk about anymore.

I'm planning on getting one

To me the 2022 Memorial Sovereign is a lovely looking coin but the design is so busy that I would prefer it in a double sovereign to see it more clearly. I don't think I would bother too much with the double proof though, I'm not sure that it adds much aestheticly as most of the field is obstructed by the design. I think I would need to see them side by side to really be sure. But as to where they go in the future, I should imagine that they'll do fairly well, at least that's what people have been saying to me.

Edited by Kitalon

Bullion I think will end up being lower mintage than the Platinum Jubilee coins, but still in high numbers but will hold a premium over standard modern sovereigns.

Proofs are bombing, which is the perfect time to buy them.  I have a couple of the half's stashed away but I prefer the platinum jubilee design aesthetically so will be unlikely to bother with any more.  Will be a while before they come good just because of how cheap they were on Black Friday which put the final nail into the market for them for the time being.  If your looking at proofs be prepared to hold them at least a few years, but a great time to pick them up cheap.

5 hours ago, Kitalon said:

I'm planning on getting one

To me the 2022 Memorial Sovereign is a lovely looking coin but the design is so busy that I would prefer it in a double sovereign to see it more clearly. I don't think I would bother too much with the double proof though, I'm not sure that it adds much aestheticly as most of the field is obstructed by the design. I think I would need to see them side by side to really be sure. But as to where they go in the future, I should imagine that they'll do fairly well, at least that's what people have been saying to me.

Even the double bullion doesn't do it justice.

Even the quintuple BU matte coin may not fully do it justice. I think the matte finish makes the detail and contrast quite hard to see.   I'd love to see a quintuple proof memorial sov in hand, to see if that really made the design pop.

Basically, the memorial is a lovely but very busy design which is hard to show off.

The bullion double sovereign is perhaps the sweet spot in terms of size vs quality vs price in my opinion for this design.

3 minutes ago, Stuntman said:

Even the quintuple BU matte coin may not fully do it justice. I think the matte finish makes the detail and contrast quite hard to see.   I'd love to see a quintuple proof memorial sov in hand, to see if that really made the design pop.

Basically, the memorial is a lovely but very busy design which is hard to show off.

The bullion double sovereign is perhaps the sweet spot in terms of size vs quality vs price in my opinion for this design.

It's absolutely beautiful in person. I can rent mine out if it helps lol.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

One coin I would like to just 'see' is the 2022 Queen Elizabeth II Memorial 1oz gold proof coin, although probably out of reach for most of us.

https://www.royalmint.com/shop/monarch/queen-elizabeth-ii/her-majesty-queen-elizabeth-ii-memorial-coin-collection/Her-Majesty-Queen-Elizabeth-II-2022-UK-1oz-Gold-Proof-Coin/

Does this set of coins even warrant the 40-50% premiums put on it?

21 hours ago, Kitalon said:

One coin I would like to just 'see' is the 2022 Queen Elizabeth II Memorial 1oz gold proof coin, although probably out of reach for most of us.

https://www.royalmint.com/shop/monarch/queen-elizabeth-ii/her-majesty-queen-elizabeth-ii-memorial-coin-collection/Her-Majesty-Queen-Elizabeth-II-2022-UK-1oz-Gold-Proof-Coin/

Does this set of coins even warrant the 40-50% premiums put on it?

I'm not sure, if I recall it had an unlimited mintage for certain time limit. If you can figure out the mintage on it, it might be worth the 40-50% premium.