• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Various Dated Full Sovereigns

Just putting the feelers out for Sovereigns with the dates noted!

These are my immediate family birth years! 

Im broke till the end of the month. This forum is to blame for that so if you have one please bear with me!

Looking for the below dates & hopefully none of these carry a heavy premium! Please let me know if any do

Edited by SovereignBull
Found

3 minutes ago, James32 said:

There was no 1970 and The 98 is proof only I believe..so going to be premium heavy 😆 

Hahahah Brilliant! Hmm what to do for 1970!? 

Out of all of em I thought the 1977 might be the heaviest in price with it being a jubilee year

5 minutes ago, SovereignBull said:

Out of all of em I thought the 1977 might be the heaviest in price with it being a jubilee year

No 1977 sovereigns either mate, They started back up production in 74 but no 75 or 77

7 minutes ago, SovereignBull said:

No 77 either lol

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Just now, Orpster said:

No 1977 sovereigns either mate, They started back up production in 74 but no 75 or 77

Well that’s me and the wife out for a birth Sovereign! The eldest will have to make do with 1g bars if they only minted proof in 98 🤣

For 70 and 77 you could look for 2 Rand, same specification as a sovereign.  

Your last three are readily available and just bullion prices unless you go for carded

Edited by Spyder

Never Chase and Never Regret 

23 minutes ago, SovereignBull said:

No 1977 either.  About the only thing in production at that point was Krugerrands but they didn't make 1/4 oz ones until 1980 or so, I believe.

You could go a century earlier and get 1870 and 1877 sovs.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

Just now, Silverlocks said:

No 1977 either.  About the only thing in production at that point was Krugerrands but they didn't make 1/4 oz ones until 1980 or so, I believe.

You could go a century earlier and get 1870 and 1877 sovs.

Considered that after @Orpster mentioned it! I feel 100 years older than I am sometimes so could be next best option

2 minutes ago, SovereignBull said:

Considered that after @Orpster mentioned it! I feel 100 years older than I am sometimes so could be next best option

Could also just wait 50 years and grab a 2077..spot may have increased slightly. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

12 minutes ago, James32 said:

Could also just wait 50 years and grab a 2077..spot may have increased slightly. 

as mention above, far east can do anything😆 feels impossible , would you like a 2177?

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

3 minutes ago, Orpster said:

Libertad Centenario Medal, 1961 was the first year of the 2 Rand as well I think

Thank you for the suggestions, however, probably heresy, but I’m really not in to South African or Mexican coins🤔🫢🙁just stick to something silver…. oh no! Even the silver coins had stopped being silver by then😮🤔

24 minutes ago, SovereignBull said:

If you go that route I think I have a spare 1877 shield or two, no G&D I don't think though

I don't think I have a spare 1870 shield but they should not be too hard to find, there were no G&D that year but 1870 was the last year of the Australian Sovereign though, so not a bad one to keep an eye out for.

image.thumb.jpeg.03f5cbf4477d8b439dc823f538808031.jpeg

42 minutes ago, Orpster said:

If you go that route I think I have a spare 1877 shield or two, no G&D I don't think though

I don't think I have a spare 1870 shield but they should not be too hard to find, there were no G&D that year but 1870 was the last year of the Australian Sovereign though, so not a bad one to keep an eye out for.

image.thumb.jpeg.03f5cbf4477d8b439dc823f538808031.jpeg

1870 is still unusual to find.  I've been looking for one to pop up, and whenever someone is selling a batch of shields, it is always conspicuously absent.

12 Beginner Tips for Better Coin Photos

Everything you need to take great coin photos

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."

8 minutes ago, Charliemouse said:

1870 is still unusual to find.  I've been looking for one to pop up, and whenever someone is selling a batch of shields, it is always conspicuously absent.

Ah right not noticed, to be honest I usually scan for 1848 (last one I need), any from Melbourne mint and then just look at condition.  Stopped paying that much attention to dates most of the time.

I am happy to keep an eye out on other platforms for you, found a few for other members in the past few months.  I will add it to my list and drop you a message if one comes up