• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Aussie Kookaburra's

scouse12345

Got a shed load of Aussie Silver Kooks, i'm about too offload.., i haven't sold on the site as yet, but do realise, i can't just put "Offers" etc....If someone with more knowledge than myself, could kindly message me, or offer assistance in prices i should be asking, it would help me etc.... Kooks all capsuled, and range from 1 ounce through to full kilo's.... 2015...2016...2017....

Thanks in advance...

Steve.

Interesting how people's perception of value varies, thanks Silvergaga, appreciate the comment, and time taken... do i think personally £30 per 1 ounce, considering age and mintage, and premium for kooks a good price...no...:)

Steve.

23 minutes ago, scouse12345 said:

Interesting how people's perception of value varies, thanks Silvergaga, appreciate the comment, and time taken... do i think personally £30 per 1 ounce, considering age and mintage, and premium for kooks a good price...no...:)

Steve.

When the market is booming you might get £32 for the later years, perhaps £35-42 for the earlier coins

There was a set of 1990s coins that sold for £35 + post not that long ago although spot was lower

When there was a major dip in spot price I was able to buy 60 kooks on TSF for £23-25 + post in sealed rolls

The kilos perhaps you will get £850ish as they have sold here for that price in the past

It's hard to give a definitive price due to how volatile silver is right now. TSF is also a weird place with regards premiums and sticky prices

I've also picked up a bunch of kooks on eBay while spot price has been swinging all over the place for £27-32 inc ship

The later years 2011 onwards don't command enormous premiums unless you are on BBP then they are £50/each

Really IDK you'd just have to list them and find out I guess

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

Thanks Honest....advice appreciated, and comments noted, i know a fair bit about Kooks, it's the only silver i've ever purchased, and the low mintage and availability (rarely see them in any quantity for sale on TSF)...was a major decider in purchases.... always went with the "Kook, or Brittania, or Eagle"....no brainer.....unless your just interested in the true weight...which i would assume most TSF users aint...

Steve.

19 minutes ago, scouse12345 said:

Thanks Honest....advice appreciated, and comments noted, i know a fair bit about Kooks, it's the only silver i've ever purchased, and the low mintage and availability (rarely see them in any quantity for sale on TSF)...was a major decider in purchases.... always went with the "Kook, or Brittania, or Eagle"....no brainer.....unless your just interested in the true weight...which i would assume most TSF users aint...

Steve.

IIRC @ilovesilverireallydo was the one selling cases and rolls at that price (£25 reduced to £23) and perhaps @QuantumStacker was the other one selling rolls. You do occasionally see them in rolls or bulk but it's rare. I will stress though that was at the bottom of the market when spot was at its lowest and nobody was buying. They sat unsold for days before I gave into temptation. What I'm going to do with 20+ coins of the same year IDK but I love kooks and they are my favourite silver coin. You could try seeing the latest sold listings prices on eBay, take off 10%, and maybe that's what they would sell for on TSF

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

Unfortunately kooks have been flooded in the U.K. they used to command premiums due to the fact they weren’t easy to get and most had to import from Germany or Belgium. 
now they are like any gov issues coin, mostly weight to stack. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

Welcome to the forum.

Atkinson's paying the same price for Kooks as Brits. There are some coins they pay premiums for. You might get a quid or two more on here than at the dealers once you've established a reputation 👍🏼

https://atkinsonsbullion.com/sell-to-us/silver/silver-coins/1oz-silver-coins/pre-owned-australian-kookaburra-1oz-silver-coin-mixed-dates-vat-free

Seriously.... We dont sell to dealers here though do we..... who in thier right mind, would be willing to let thier gold Sovs. or Gold Britts, or any coin come to that matter, go for what a dealer would pay, you'd have to be completely naieve, or short on some mortgage payments....

2 minutes ago, scouse12345 said:

Seriously.... We dont sell to dealers here though do we..... who in thier right mind, would be willing to let thier gold Sovs. or Gold Britts, or any coin come to that matter, go for what a dealer would pay, you'd have to be completely naieve, or short on some mortgage payments....

https://atkinsonsbullion.com/sell-to-us/gold/gold-coins/gold-sovereign-coins/pre-owned-full-sovereign-gold-coin-mixed-dates

Who's letting full sov going for that...>?

3 hours ago, scouse12345 said:

They're paying £387 at time of my reply for mixed date bullion sovs. Quite a few sovs on here at the moment at 388 390 392.... Multiple sellers.

Who is selling to Atkinson's for £387 at the moment... People who feel that the time and effort of dealing with multiple individuals and listing on here or other places is not worth a couple of quid per coin....

Maybe some who are desperate, maybe some sat deep in the profits, maybe some who just don't know about the forum. 

My point bringing Atkinson's up was to see whether particular years of Kooks were singled out as being higher premiums than others in an effort to help you out.

The sweet spot on here is usually to sell between what a dealer will pay and what dealers or other sellers are selling for. 

Good luck with whatever you choose to do 👍🏼

18 hours ago, scouse12345 said:

Some sold on here in the last few days for £7 & £11 less.

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

Kookaburras and Libertads are my 2 favorite coins.  

As far as 1oz Kookaburras:

I live in Texas. I think most of y’all live in the UK.   Kookaburras sit in this really weird spot here.  New release Kookaburras, Libertads, ASE sit close in price. 

Out  of ASE, Libertads, and Kookaburras, Kookaburras would absolutely get the lowest premium return when selling here. I could go sell 500 ASE or Libertads no problem.  Trying to find a buyer of 50 Kookaburras would be a problem. 

Ultimately I think it’s the perception of the community.  Kookaburras have low mintages, high Perth Mint quality going for them. What kookaburras don’t have going for them is that they are a poor stacking option.   

I think it says a lot, that I as someone who loves and collects Kookaburras, wouldn’t even stack them because liquidating them in any quantity would be an issue. Kookaburras in general are under appreciated by the public.  

36 minutes ago, TexasSilverStacker said:

Kookaburras and Libertads are my 2 favorite coins.  

As far as 1oz Kookaburras:

I live in Texas. I think most of y’all live in the UK.   Kookaburras sit in this really weird spot here.  New release Kookaburras, Libertads, ASE sit close in price. 

Out  of ASE, Libertads, and Kookaburras, Kookaburras would absolutely get the lowest premium return when selling here. I could go sell 500 ASE or Libertads no problem.  Trying to find a buyer of 50 Kookaburras would be a problem. 

Ultimately I think it’s the perception of the community.  Kookaburras have low mintages, high Perth Mint quality going for them. What kookaburras don’t have going for them is that they are a poor stacking option.   

I think it says a lot, that I as someone who loves and collects Kookaburras, wouldn’t even stack them because liquidating them in any quantity would be an issue. Kookaburras in general are under appreciated by the public.  

Kooks are really collectibles like most of Perth Mints offerings (Koalas, WTEs, Emus etc.)  PM do make a bullion coin (Kangaroos), but they don't have a massive amount of traction in stacking circles.  Here in the UK, Brits and sovereigns get some tax advantages due peculiarities of UK tax law that make them exempt from capital gains tax, so they're the go to coins for stacking.  Folks do collect Perth Mint coins, but they're really treated as collectibles here as well.  A lot of folks here will just collect one or two ASEs or Libertads for much the same reason.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

12 hours ago, dicker said:

Not all Kooks are equal - the earlier ones and low mintage proofs sell for a decent premium - as do Privy issues.

My Favourites however are the high definition Kooks.

Perth Mint went a lil crazy with all the privy shenanigans.   I have to stay away because they are like Pokémon’s, I get one and then I gotta get them all. 

The proof, 10oz and 1 kilo Kookaburras are my favorite.  ❤️