• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Memorial & Coronation SovereignProof Question/Advice

lewisc

Hello guys and gals I have a question about these particular proofs. Will these gain value in years to come more than most of the other sov proofs. Would it be a good dues to hold on for as long as possible ? What usually spikes these kind of niche sets to increase in price ? I have other questions as this thread evolves.  

Completely agree with Orpster - track record is very supportive long term for the price growth of the special years.

I've seen PF70 memorial sovs trading around the £500-550 mark and PF70 coronations £550-600. I think if you picked them up at those prices, bunged them in a safe for 5-10 years and then came back odds are you would be pleasantly surprised at how they had done. Dont pay retail price for them though - second hand bargains in top grade at PF70 is the way forward for these two releases until the market settles down.

5 hours ago, Clockpuncher said:

Completely agree with Orpster - track record is very supportive long term for the price growth of the special years.

I've seen PF70 memorial sovs trading around the £500-550 mark and PF70 coronations £550-600. I think if you picked them up at those prices, bunged them in a safe for 5-10 years and then came back odds are you would be pleasantly surprised at how they had done. Dont pay retail price for them though - second hand bargains in top grade at PF70 is the way forward for these two releases until the market settles down.

Hi @Clockpuncher I have seen PF70 memorials as low as £560 but not lower and the lowest price that I have seen for the PF70 coronation is about £650. Please share with me where you have seen them lower as I would also like to buy more. Cheers!

I have just had to send my 4 coin proof set back for full refund, story within itself due to a micro scratch on the double proof below the tail. Manager didn't want to refund me from the shop I bought the set from only just over a week ago (about 10 days total). Then was only going to offer me bullion instead of full refund. I did get the refund today, all €2850 of it have decided to buy a pre graded set for a few pounds more. 

I'm keeping them very long term along with the jubilee and memorial 4 coin proof sets I have and I think keeping them long term is a better option than immediately flipping them as the risk of LOI is greater due to the premiums dropping early on but long term you should recoup the cash. 

Will consider 2017 followed by 2002. 1989 premiums are very high so will probably avoid it even though it will be nice, just a question of affordability. Though would like to get some more 2022 piedfort plain edge coins over time as well. 

Right now is a great time to pick coronation, jubilee and memorial coins.