• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2023 definitive coin set

I'm not sure if i really like these coins or if it is such a relief that they're not awful.

Regardless i've order the BU set and look forward to the silver proof £1 being released. Everyone loves bees (or pictures of them anyway) 😁

They are a nice set of coins. I have gone for the silver proof set to go with my 2023 commemorative silver proof set. I also have the 2022 memorial silver proof set (I have a spare one of these if any one is looking for one). These three sets will go well together.

Morning everyone. What are your thoughts on the following set from westminstercollection please - do you reckon this one worth it considering the stampdate addition and individually slabbed bu coins + box. 

Mintage: 2023

RRP £95 + £3.99 p&p

http://www.westminstercollection.com/p-EAT7/UK-2023-New-Coinage-DateStampTM.aspx

PS Base proof set from RM still available on their website for the same price (~£99.5) however the LE presentation is 12023.

Many thanks in advance. 

94D7EE16-A884-418E-B5D3-3640D280A39E.jpeg

C5909738-8B5B-490F-B47C-EBD7890C885E.jpeg

1 hour ago, dvl said:

Morning everyone. What are your thoughts on the following set from westminstercollection please - do you reckon this one worth it considering the stampdate addition and individually slabbed bu coins + box. 

Mintage: 2023

RRP £95 + £3.99 p&p

http://www.westminstercollection.com/p-EAT7/UK-2023-New-Coinage-DateStampTM.aspx

No! 

You can buy a BU set from the RM for £33, and as you say you can still buy the RM proof set for £99.50.  Surely people are buying this set for the coins?  If you were to try to resell on the secondary market would you really get much more than the £33 for the BU set??  OK, you might get a bit of a premium, but I would be surprised if you were able to recoup your money.  However, if you LIKE this presentation, then by all means buy it with open eyes.

28 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

No! 

You can buy a BU set from the RM for £33, and as you say you can still buy the RM proof set for £99.50.  Surely people are buying this set for the coins?  If you were to try to resell on the secondary market would you really get much more than the £33 for the BU set??  OK, you might get a bit of a premium, but I would be surprised if you were able to recoup your money.  However, if you LIKE this presentation, then by all means buy it with open eyes.

Many thanks for your time and advice. 

• 2 weeks later...