• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hello from sunny Blackpool

The welcome from the forum has been fantastic. As some of you have commented we do know a lot about sovereigns and are always happy to help if you have a question. I'm particularly interested in overdates and striking errors. Did you know that it is the 10th Anniversary of the Perth Mint's silver Koala this year? Who knew that bullion could be cuddly too?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Lizzie and welcome...........We've spoken to each other on a few occasions on the phone about Sovs but I'd have to kill you I'm afraid if I revealed my true identity to you:)

Very interesting you are interested in errors and over stamps...........so am I.................please pm me on here if you ever have any bargains in that area that you want to part with I may well be interested,...................welcome again........

That's so funny. Thank you for the welcome. One day we'll get round to collating the error coins. I'm here more to help with questions than selling - although if you knew all the coins that we have in stock you might beating down our doors. If there is something that anyone is looking for in particular, let me know - we have a wishlist and when you are at the top, we let you know it is available. Often people think we don't have an item in stock on the old websites but if it is something that is on the wishlist, it doesn't even get onto the 'add to cart' section. Yesterday, we were collating Canada and the Channel Islands to go onto the website, I was in a numismatists's version of heaven - so many coins and not enough time....

6 minutes ago, ChardLizzie said:

If there is something that anyone is looking for in particular, let me know 

I don't suppose you have either of these? 

2008 Britannia 1/4 platinum

2014 Britannia 1/4 gold proof

Thanks 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

@Paul I am sure glad it wasn't you who welcomed me to the forum...

I know Chard understand everything you have said and are taking slow steps to build a single site.

I have bought from Chard a few times and never found any issues. I would have no hesitation to buy from them again and may very well approach Lizzie to hunt down some items for me.

Hi Paul,

Yes, you're right on many points and we welcome feedback - it's one of the best ways to ensure a company grows in the right direction, one which suits their customers.

Our first website was launched in the Iron Age of webdesign when page after page was added. We didn't just keep adding pages, we added websites too. Now, they are crammed full of information that is loved by many visitors to the sites, but they can be difficult to navigate - and are a bit of a nightmare to keep up to date as they are not linked to stock control. As I mentioned in an earlier post, some products may show that they are not available as when they come in, they go straight to people on the wish list, if their is something that you are particularly interested in, ask to add it to the wishlist, there may be a wait but they think it is worth it.

We have been working on the new website - and we still have a long way to go as we're not a typical e-commerce site and we haven't even started adding products from the world room, the sovereign folders or any of the swan cabinets. The new site is a work in progress and there are lots of adjustments being made in the background. It is linked to a stock control system which is proving to be 99% successful for availability and quantity - the other 1% is human error but we're working on that. There is a massive project going on behind the scenes, including proof-reading, upgrading photos and correcting products added to the new site as these are added by IT who don't understand the nuances of numismatics. In an ideal world we'd have a bigger team on this, but, when it is complete I think it will be amazing, you won't want to leave it.

With regard to the notification system on orders, you will be pleased to hear that we are now sending out automated emails that show you the progress of your order - including the tracking reference. One of my colleagues made a suggestion to the IT team for one more notification so this will be added shortly.

Have you looked at our bullion prices recently? We do price comparisons regularly and recently renegotiated a better deal with our distributors which we passed on straight to our customers, they show that we are able to offer lower prices on 95% of our main bullion lines. Even with postage added. Now, we can't compete with everyone on every line but we're keen to give it our best.

In the meantime, we have a fabulous team who are happy to help with your queries and are interested in improving all the time.

8 minutes ago, ChardLizzie said:

Our first website was launched in the Iron Age of webdesign when page after page was added. We didn't just keep adding pages, we added websites too.

I would credit Lawrence as being ahead of his time back then, I know he registered a lot of great domains before most people realised the potential of them

+ Google gave a lot of weight to keyword domains up until updates in recent years so developing them was the right move for the time 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Hi Kman,

Definitely, Lawrence was ahead of his time and he is the brains behind the new website. These older sites rate highly with Google for their content and Lawrence has spent a lifetime freely sharing his numismatic knowledge. We get emails from numismatists all over the world referring to our pages and he is regularly approached for his opinion on coins. Thank you, he will appreciate your comments.

Hi Lizzie ? It's great to have a chard representative on the forum.  I myself have never made an order from u although I'm planning a big 1 around Christmas time for a few alternate design 1/4 proof brits, ( cheaper on postage if u order a few items at once ).  I have noticed though that I might need to fill in an order form? I've never done this with other sites.  Can I do it over the phone when I make my order?

I have turned to your website on many occasions as it's a fantastic reference source.  It's also great to have another woman on the forum as the geographic tends to be mostly men.

2 hours ago, Lea79 said:

Hi Lizzie ? It's great to have a chard representative on the forum.  I myself have never made an order from u although I'm planning a big 1 around Christmas time for a few alternate design 1/4 proof brits, ( cheaper on postage if u order a few items at once ).  I have noticed though that I might need to fill in an order form? I've never done this with other sites.  Can I do it over the phone when I make my order?

I have turned to your website on many occasions as it's a fantastic reference source.  It's also great to have another woman on the forum as the geographic tends to be mostly men.

Hi, thank you for the welcome. We have been collating and adding products to the 'new' website - chards.co.uk - the Brits aren't all live yet but hopefully in the next couple of months you will be able to see exactly what we have and order online without any forms. I am pretty sure that we don't have much in the way of individual 1/4oz gold proof Brits at the moment, this can change as we are buying in all the time. Although our main focus is on chards.co.uk, we won't be losing the old sites any time soon as they are indeed full of reference information, the long term plan is to have the same quality and quantity of information on chards but it is a mammoth task.

I'm excited to be a member of the forum, we keep unearthing all sorts of treasures in the strongrooms so watch this space, I'll be sharing them with you all.

Lizzie

8 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

@ChardLizzie will we be seeing some offerings from you for sale here?

We'll have a presence but the main aim will be to answer questions - although I did uncover a couple of 2010 Australian Lunar Year of the Tiger 1oz gold coins in one of the strongrooms today - and they're not on any wish lists....

58 minutes ago, ChardLizzie said:

We'll have a presence but the main aim will be to answer questions - although I did uncover a couple of 2010 Australian Lunar Year of the Tiger 1oz gold coins in one of the strongrooms today - and they're not on any wish lists....

PM

1 hour ago, ChardLizzie said:

I just hate it when I stumble on Lunar 1oz'ers that I've forgotten about! :P

Archived