• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

It’s here : Gold; a journey with Idris Elba

Agaupl

It’s starts off with him saying he’s in the most remote part of the world where there is a huge concentration of gold.. I assumed the next shot would be chards in Blackpool. 🤣 but nah Canada apparently. 
jokes aside.. great production values, looking good. 

IMG_1524.jpeg

IMG_1525.jpeg

Edited by Agaupl

Aaaahhh😉

So just finished it and I’d encourage others to watch it first before I comment.  So you can see it yourself before any comments I or others make influences you. After this post there’s spoiler alerts. 

Edited by Agaupl

Aaaahhh😉

Spoiler alert: I thought it was very well filmed. The locations were excellent and they obviously spent lots of money on the production and on Idris Elba. It was aimed at new to gold investors (miners) and funded by gold miners so the emphasis was on this area. 

but it was pretty Sh!!t tbh. The first 20 and last 10 mins were informative but otherwise it was a just a politically correct advert for ‘good mining solves all problems’. All interviews were with non European/NA and or non male engineers/miners/geologists which is not representative and honed in on sustainable energy’ in mining, again a completely false picture of the mean. The South African mine was particularly grating.
The example being a 80% hydro powered mine in Congo where the hydro plant would be there long after the mine. That’s a fallacy.  

very little on gold’s financial use and stability. Opportunity missed just to promote gold mining as ecologically and socially beneficial to all at all time. Not surprising given the sponsor.. but still. 

Edited by Agaupl

Aaaahhh😉

4 hours ago, Agaupl said:

£250bn in th BoE

IMG_1526.jpeg

Not all owned by UK mind. Google Venezuela and gold repatriation....  Plenty of it owned by EU countries, dont you remember what Gordon brown the Clown did with UKs allocation? 

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

3 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Not all owned by UK mind. Google Venezuela and gold repatriation....  Plenty of it owned by EU countries, dont you remember what Gordon brown the Clown did with UKs allocation? 

Brown also did some far more damaging things with long lasting consequences. Equality Act 2010, 50% income tax, etc. The Tories have been dismal in their performance but always remember the constitutional vandalism Labour commit at the earliest opportunities. Says a lot as Blair is the most electable (and probably the most damaging with his fiddling with House of Lords devolution, university enrolment, to name but a few) of them all.

If we do the right thing this time, we might have to do the right thing again next time.

12 hours ago, Agaupl said:

Why has it got idris Elba in it? No idea. Is it any good and what does it say? No idea.

Just starting to watch it, came out yesterday and it’s been teased for a while and it’s from the World gold council .

Thanks for the alert. I had seen it teased a while back, but forgot about it.

I’ll watch it this weekend. (I hope it doesn’t make me go and impulse buy something).

18 hours ago, Agaupl said:

£250bn in th BoE

IMG_1526.jpeg

One wonders how many proud owners each one of these bars might have😰

But then again everything else has been set up for the Great Taking, why not this one as well

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Possession_is_nine-tenths_of_the_law

Edited by JohnA1

Everybody knows the war is over / Everybody knows the good guys lost
                               Everybody knows the boat is leaking / Everybody knows the captain lied..   Be seeing you2 sm.jpg

“The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent”

Some interesting parts in the documentary, although it is clear the Gold Council has an agenda to show 'responsible' mining etc.  Satelites and high tech.

What happened to that gold meteorite Elon would mine? Forgotten already, no shiny behind green screens apparently

What happened to those vast reserves announced around a year ago in Africa? Forgotten already

Short memories

Everybody knows the war is over / Everybody knows the good guys lost
                               Everybody knows the boat is leaking / Everybody knows the captain lied..   Be seeing you2 sm.jpg

“The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent”

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/10/2023 at 16:06, SeverinDigsSovereigns said:

Brown also did some far more damaging things with long lasting consequences. Equality Act 2010, 50% income tax, etc. The Tories have been dismal in their performance but always remember the constitutional vandalism Labour commit at the earliest opportunities. Says a lot as Blair is the most electable (and probably the most damaging with his fiddling with House of Lords devolution, university enrolment, to name but a few) of them all.

Britain needs an actual conservative limited government party. From what I see it's basically choosing between people who have no core disagreements.

2 hours ago, AgCoyote said:

Britain needs an actual conservative limited government party. From what I see it's basically choosing between people who have no core disagreements.

Actual conservatives, yes; limited goverment, that's a neoliberal doctrine and there are arguments on both sides on whether that's truly conservative or not. But I definitely agree with you. The Tory party is full of Lib Dem and blue Labour, and you can find some more conservative (small c) politicians in the Labour party than an average Tory.

If we do the right thing this time, we might have to do the right thing again next time.