• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Isle of Man 1978 Decimal Sterling Silver Proof Coin Set Price Reduced!!!!

• Lyonheir changed the title to Isle of Man 1978 Decimal Sterling Silver Proof Coin Set Price Reduced
  • Lyonheir changed the title to Isle of Man 1978 Decimal Sterling Silver Proof Coin Set Price Reduced!!!!

So am I to be fair unless you're well known or have lots of feedback not many are willing to give you chance, even when you list you will ship without payment or use BYB, hard game. 

But slowly wins the race

Edited by Lyonheir

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/09/2023 at 06:37, Lyonheir said:

So am I to be fair unless you're well known or have lots of feedback not many are willing to give you chance, even when you list you will ship without payment or use BYB, hard game. 

But slowly wins the race

I do not think your feedback has anything to do with these not selling. I think it is more about, no one can work out what the weight in sterling silver is in this set. 

Give that information and if it works out to be good price, they will sell.   Low feedback matters not when you are willing to post first. 

Good luck as the set does look nice

Never Chase and Never Regret 

Thanks for your input, I have tried looking online for the weights etc and I cannot find the exact composition along with weights etc.

There are a few larger dealers that have these coins and sets listed aswell, none of them list the exact weights either, so barring breaking the coins out the packaging and weighing them your guess is as good as mine. 

Ive listed a few dealers so you can see for yourself. 

https://www.charlessnowdencoins.com/webshop/isle-of-man/isle-of-man-1978-decimal-coin-set-minted-to-brilliant-uncirculated-quality-7-coins-in-sterling-silver/

https://www.dugglebystephenson.com/auctions/080920211127/0/2079/2079.aspx

I would also like to add the cheapest set I can find is £59.99 i'm asking for £45 id take £40 with free delivery

Great set for a coin collector.

Regards 

Lyonheir

Hi 

I forgot to lift the coins up as the pound sits underneath, to my knowledge that coin is not gold nor a sovereign. If so I would keep the set or sell for considerably more. 

As I have not had any interest on the Forum I will withdraw this item and wait for it sell elsewhere. 

Thanks for your message I have added a few pictures for proof. 

image.thumb.jpeg.156bd50565f02a5c2b7a105fbd1e2ec1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.137082f6707d2c05b22956e708317daf.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e16be5a16d9e1b27fa85c647328a380b.jpeg

3 hours ago, Jimmock said:

Think you'll find that one is from the platinum proof set😁,max mintage of 600

If you read the chaps previous post were he said the Isle of Man Pounds were only produced gold. LOL 

I don't mind either way I won't be selling stuff on TSF unless im desperate for under spot. 

Then it will sell.

54 minutes ago, Lyonheir said:

If you read the chaps previous post were he said the Isle of Man Pounds were only produced gold. LOL 

I don't mind either way I won't be selling stuff on TSF unless im desperate for under spot. 

Then it will sell.

Don’t stress! This is a very specific coin set to be selling…. as in it’s not a Britannia set or similar. Stuff like this quite often doesn’t sell well on here I think even more so with current financial issues. Don’t be too disheartened! As ever, if you have a price, go with it😮🧐👍