• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Britannia 1 Kg Silver

Lucylucy

Hello

Having been out of commission for some time, having disposed of all of my silver on the Forum, I cannot get the bug out of my system.

Do you think I am a little naïve in contemplating a 1 Kilo Britannia at about £1k,the premium does seem a little high compared  to smaller coins?

The coin will probably end up with my great grand daughter in due course. I wanted a Panda or Pig coin but they seem to be rare animals.

I realise that there is no definitive answer to this question but any comments would be appreciated.

Thank you

You could enquire with some dealers if they have any second hand 1kg silver coins in. You might not know what you'll end up with exactly, but likely to be Royal Mint or Perth Mint as  the main producers of kilo coins. Then being second hand I'm sure you'll be below £1,000.

I'd probably look at 10 oz silver coins rather than 1 kg silver coins.  In my opinion they have better proportions, and you could get three different ones for the price of the 1 kg Britannia and still have some change.

The kilo coin is an impressive lump of metal but I think it looks more like a cylinder than it does a coin.  Depends what floats your boat I suppose!