• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Is now a good time to buy gold?

Will the prices dip further? Predictions for the short, medium and long term, also include why you think so.

Discuss

data-pipe.gif

Edited by Upsidedown

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

I ll tell you things from a diffrent perspective. If all of us in here bought a couple of months ago with 52£/1gr, like 390 or 400 for 1 Sov and now you get them for 370 (50£/gr)  from Atkinson if you buy in a bundle of 4, is it a good time to buy? Hell yes. 

On the other hand there s a lot of potential for going even further down as things are not ok in US, UK, EU and no good signs are coming from nowhere. That beeing sad  you could say, I ll stsy on a bench just a litle bit moore...1 month or so...But than , guess what...it will go back to 52£ a gram. So...if you bought a couple of months before, you need to buy now as well...At least it will bring your average down per gram. 

But who knows...who knows...

4 hours ago, Upsidedown said:

is Now a good time to Buy Some gold?

Will the prices dip further? Predictions for the short, medium and long term, also include why you think so.

In the four hours since asking the price has declined in GBP terms, so no "now" (then) wasn't a good time to buy some gold, at least for the short term :) Medium term, who knows, long term, yes, but not in isolation. Blend it with stocks and periodically rebalance the two back to 50/50 or whatever weightings.

BOE meets 3/8 and may well push up interest rates again.

On the other hand, 3 weeks is a long time in this game.

And can you please edit the title to have a capital I and a lower case n and fix the BS

Edited by Thelonerangershorse

"To get to where I need to be, I start by walking away from where I am."

Yes, as its relatively cheap even if you think around $2k or £1600 is expensive it's actually really cheap. 

Plus I feel gold price usd is on the way up, gold per oz in £'s I expect to follow on upwards after gold in dollars makes its move. 

Here was the gold price as per yesterday. To me even though the price had been going down the past few weeks, it's Outlook in terms of trajectory is upwards.

Screenshot_20230712_161247_Chrome.jpg

• Upsidedown changed the title to Is now a good time to buy gold?

I know some people think it will dip as low as 1450 as soon as next month

I don't think we will see big moves this year, but when rates are cut it could go crazy, the potential is there.

I heard someone talking about rate cuts and gold and apparently historically for every 1% cut, gold goes up about 19%? Seems extreme, anyone have the actual numbers?

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

I’d be very happy to bet gold is going up … before year end in USD. Its strength has been astonishing this last couple months.
But in other currencies it’s harder to gauge. DXY is dropping after the US CPI announcement but the fed is still expected to hike rates on the 26th July but then hold. I only see gains in USD Gold. Any BRICs related gains I see as a slow burner although there maybe a couple of good days as the focus is on gold. 
UK seems to be lagging so in GPB I’d say there’s a fair chance of gold dropping slightly due to the £s strength with a rebound late ‘23 or early ‘24 when BOE backs off. I checked today and 1 year NS&I bonds are paying 5% still with a rate inversion over 3y+.
In my AUD the CBA paused last meeting and I only see gold rising in price as the pacific peso drops and drops. 

however this is not financial advice as I have no idea what I’m talking about. if it drops to 1850 I’ll be a happy man tbh🤣

So yes but gold. Sometimes buy less, sometimes buy more. But it’s never a bad time to buy 

Edited by Agaupl

Aaaahhh😉

On 13/07/2023 at 23:47, Upsidedown said:

Discuss

data-pipe.gif

Note: This is not financial advice......just getting that out of the way. 😀

Some the key indicators show a upwards movement.

image.thumb.png.6f10aa7fcb03a36999503fe8e1b93be0.png

Dow/gold ratio stochastic to define year start stock/precious metals weightings, limited to 25..75 lower/upper as per Ben Graham's advocacy. Precious metals gold/silver ratio stochastic to define how much of the rest (precious metals) should be gold/silver ... and the start of 2023 was showing relatively little gold, mostly stocks and silver 

spacer.png

Year start 2023 54% stock, 42% silver, 4% gold

Had you followed that since 1932 then total returns compared to 100% stock, but achieved that with less volatility (risk). Averaged 63% stock, 20% silver 17% gold.

Just one "taste" of possible relative valuations, to be taken with a pinch of salt. But maybe if accumulating it might be better to be adding silver rather than gold.