• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Lancashire meetup-Crypto-Silver 1Kg (£780) and 5Kg (£3850) bars for sale, No dirty fiat please, ONLY Crypto accepted Monero, Bitcoin, Litecoin...

What do you think of using crypto instead of fiat to buy or sell Precious Metals?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of using crypto instead of fiat to buy or sell Precious Metals?

• I really like the idea
    • I don't like the idea

Just now, Solachesis said:

@Upsidedown5318008 This your cup of sats, bro?

Yes thank you

@HOLDON I only have marijuanacoin

Will 5 be ok? Lets meet somewhere neutral like ireland, thanks

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

Hi Oddball, funny name! If you sell your crypto to get your funds into your bank and then buy metals it's a 'taxable event', one day in the future you could have someone knocking on your door after combing through your records automatically, asking for their cut which could be way more than 20% of the fiat you got for your crypto. Not to mention they know precisely what you bought with your fiat, owning precious metals has been illegal before and it could quite easily happen in the future. No one knows what could happen, I understand everyone is not the same but if I was in the market for silver which I will be again in the future, understanding in my view the future benefits, I would be willing to pay more than these prices to buy with crypto.

3 minutes ago, HOLDON said:

Hi Oddball, funny name! If you sell your crypto to get your funds into your bank and then buy metals it's a 'taxable event', one day in the future you could have someone knocking on your door after combing through your records automatically, asking for their cut which could be way more than 20% of the fiat you got for your crypto. Not to mention they know precisely what you bought with your fiat, owning precious metals has been illegal before and it could quite easily happen in the future. No one knows what could happen, I understand everyone is not the same but if I was in the market for silver which I will be again in the future, understanding in my view the future benefits, I would be willing to pay more than these prices to buy with crypto.

Only relevant when they bring in cbdc but youve just argued odd balls case for him in regards to cgt except coins that are cheaper 

they dont know what you buy with fiat if its cash. btc is also traceable.im more on at the price. not the crypto payment. if you sold one of them bars on here for 780 in btc, within an hour,  everyone and his dog will be listing. including me.  

21 minutes ago, HOLDON said:

I'm pretty sure trading crypto for metals also counts as a taxable event. You are selling your asset to acquire another asset, or in other words: You are using crypto to pay for goods or services, the goods being gold. You will be liable for any relevant taxes

Edited by Solachesis

It depends on your circumstance, if you made a conservative 5x gains on your crypto and sell it, let's say you turned 20k into 100k, then they knock on your door, they would be asking you for 50%of the 80k. 

so you pay the 40K 

now you only have a value of 60K in Metals

Not to mention they know you have metals 

What do you think the gov would have said if you went to Nixon and said these gold coins are supposed to be capital gain free

He would say 'Hand them over, you're not supposed to have them!'

They re-write the rules whenever they want to play the game they want, surely we can all agree on that?

CBDC could be possible and it's a wet dream for them, so we need to be proactive and get out of their systems before they impose them on us.

2 minutes ago, oddball said:

i think he is trying to sell at around 10% above forum market value. so the buyer doesnt have to pay tax. 

I have a feeling another attempted tax dodge might go the same way as those pre-order tubes of brits

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

41 minutes ago, HOLDON said:

one day in the future you could have someone knocking on your door after combing through your records automatically, asking for their cut which could be way more than 20% of the fiat you got for your crypto. Not to mention they know precisely what you bought with your fiat, owning precious metals has been illegal before and it could quite easily happen in the future.

will you sell to me for 1,000,000 foil hats

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

41 minutes ago, HOLDON said:

they know precisely what you bought with your fiat, owning precious metals has been illegal before and it could quite easily happen in the future. 

Ah reminds me of the boating accident. Yes terrible, terrible.

All at the bottom of a lake, so it is 😪

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32