• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Sigma Precious Metal Varifier Bullion Unit Potential 3rd Run

Good Morning, 

I am interested in a Sigma verifier, but looking at a number of Utube offerings I am unsure whether I would be better served by the Pro series. In your experience, using the basic machine, do you consider that the Pro at twice the cost, would offer value for money to someone purchasing/holding a maximum of 1000 ounces?

Would appreciate your views before confirming desire to join your basic list.

Also, as a newbie to this forum, can you offer any suggestions on purchasing silver at prices closest to spot?

Look forward to your advices.

All the best

Neil 

Edited by neil100

3 hours ago, neil100 said:

Good Morning, 

I am interested in a Sigma verifier, but looking at a number of Utube offerings I am unsure whether I would be better served by the Pro series. In your experience, using the basic machine, do you consider that the Pro at twice the cost, would offer value for money to someone purchasing/holding a maximum of 1000 ounces?

Would appreciate your views before confirming desire to join your basic list.

Also, as a newbie to this forum, can you offer any suggestions on purchasing silver at prices closest to spot?

Look forward to your advices.

All the best

Neil 

Hello Neil,

I will try my best to answer your questions:

1) I think it all depends on how you will buy your silver. If you want to buy larger bars then the pro series with the external bridge is probably the way to go for the big bars.  If you are buying your silver 10oz bar at a time or buying tubes of 1 oz coins/rounds at a time then a PMV pro could be considered overkill and so a PMV original could be the way to go. It is also worth noting that the PMW original allows you to toggle between 999 silver and 9999 silver others do not. If you would like a PMV pro I can explore pricing options they will be very expensive though and I would require a large deposit.

2) With regards to buying silver as close to the spot as possible this is difficult silver is subject to 20% VAT in the UK. The best place is the buy and sell page on the forum I think silver is going for around £25 an oz at the moment for the generic coins which is cheaper than any dealer in the UK.

Many Thanks,

Fadeingstar

Many thanks for your response to my query. Having given more thought to the Pro and my buying/holding strategy, would agree that the Pro would be an expensive overkill.

Therefore, would you please reserve one of the basic machines for me. PM sent.

3 minutes ago, Fadeingstar said:

Hello All,

Just wanted to give an update it looks like we are a go if anyone else would like to be added to the list please let me know by Sunday 9th April.

Any news on what the price will be mate?

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

They will be around £910.

The reason I say around is because I purchase these in USD and so I am exposed to fluctuation in the global currency markets. There are also transaction fees invoved with converting GBP to USD and then sending it abroad. Also when they come into the UK I have to pay the VAT and so the USD value is converted to GBP at the current exchange rate. The brokerage fee from the courier seems to be linked to the GBP value of the order. However I have already done a number of import runs importing a large number of these and so far the price as held firm at £910.

Edited by Fadeingstar

16 hours ago, Fadeingstar said:

Hello All,

Just wanted to give an update it looks like we are a go if anyone else would like to be added to the list please let me know by Sunday 9th April.

Hi, Noob here, was googling for a Sigma and ended up here!  Yes I'd be interested in the standard (non Pro) version.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

Please follow the below thread where I will give updates.

Order has been places with sigma looking at dispatch from sigma being the end of the month with delivery around the middle of May subject to everyones favourite organisation customs.

• 2 weeks later...