• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Whats it worth.

AaaGee

A mate sent me these pix a while ago and prompted by another thread on here i thought id ask the question. Its his mums who spotted it on a TV ad and purchased it.

Anything special?

20230220_203420.jpg

20230220_203441.jpg

20230220_203507.jpg

Absolutely special!  A half sovereign from the best marketing company in the UK  Good value and fantastic follow up service from Harrington & Byrne. Get one yourself……

PS (Edit) I would like to retract the cynical endorsement above, as being completely untrue !
Apologies to the inhabitants of Alderney…..😀

Edited by Britannia47
Failed attempt at humour.

Thanks for your replies. He sent the pix a while ago.

And occasionally asks me to ask on here. I'll avoid the conversation from now on.

10 minutes ago, Britannia47 said:

Absolutely special!  A half sovereign from the best marketing company in the UK  Good value and fantastic follow up service from Harrington & Byrne. Get one yourself……

Why would I want to do that?

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

Exactly what @BackyardBullionsays - and don't get hung up on a fancy box, limited mintage or certificate as all essentially worthless.

Its not a coin that i had much interest in and one I'd never own.

My mate is a collector/stacker so he'll probably end up with it.

May try and find out how much it cost though.

35 minutes ago, AaaGee said:

Its not a coin that i had much interest in and one I'd never own.

My mate is a collector/stacker so he'll probably end up with it.

May try and find out how much it cost though.

My guess is around £425

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

On 21/02/2023 at 12:30, Pete said:

No - it's a half sovereign !!

But it's H&B and their formula has to be something like spot price × 2 + fancy box + certificate + some more that covers the free postage + a chunk more for good measure

Plus also they need to factor in 20 marketing mailshots that you end up with which will cost them 20 quid in postage!

4 hours ago, MonkeysUncle said:

But it's H&B and their formula has to be something like spot price × 2 + fancy box + certificate + some more that covers the free postage + a chunk more for good measure

Plus also they need to factor in 20 marketing mailshots that you end up with which will cost them 20 quid in postage!

Yes - their paper is of a very high quality, the type I am sure our Royals use.
I have in the past however had some great buys both gold and silver from HB at prices not seen anywhere else.
Perhaps an error or just a baited offer - don't care if I get a bargain.

On 20/02/2023 at 21:50, BackyardBullion said:

Spot +2% if you are lucky on a private sale, dealers likely 98% of spot

So, £175 to £185 I think.

Agree with you. 

On 20/02/2023 at 21:54, Britannia47 said:

PS (Edit) I would like to retract the cynical endorsement above, as being completely untrue !
Apologies to the inhabitants of Alderney…..😀

You forgot the magic words: "stunning", "collectible" , "exquisite" ...😊