• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Posting PMs and stopping the rattle!

So a fresh new thread.

Had a bit of a nightmare last year sending a gold coin through the postal service.

What are the tips you can reccomend?

Obviously getting the coin from A 2 B without any rattles and the coin turning up exactly as it was when it was posted?

Cheers AaaGee 

22 minutes ago, AaaGee said:

So a fresh new thread.

Had a bit of a nightmare last year sending a gold coin through the postal service.

What are the tips you can reccomend?

Obviously getting the coin from A 2 B without any rattles and the coin turning up exactly as it was when it was posted?

Cheers AaaGee 

Open capsule, place a small piece of bubble wrap or clean and non abrasive paper folded on top of coin. Close capsule, it effectively jam's coin in place and stops rattling. Then wrap capsuled coin in bubble wrap, then put that inside a piece of card to hide the shape. Put in envelope and seal that. Job done.

Alternatively put coin in a safe flip and send coin and capsule in Same package, but wrapped separately. I use option 1 above though and it works very well. 

Never put tape directly on capsules...absolute nightmare to get residue off.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, AaaGee said:

Thanks both. Got a load of bubble wrap so will take that route👍

Still wont sleep for a few nights though 😄

So the next step to ease that is.

Photograph every step including what sealed envelope looks like before posting, including weight on scales. ( keep these for your personal use if needed)

Post special delivery obviously, and insure to full value ( actually insure to the value of your most expensive invoice, within reason) example, if you have items valued at £650 but have an invoice for £750, then insure to the higher number. 

I'd rather pay an extra £1 now for postage, that live with regrets in a weeks time.

I cut a thin strip of material from a coin flip lets say 3mm x 20mm then fold this in half making it 10mm long and place in the gap between the inside edge of the capsule and the coin rim you may need to place one on the opposite edge . With practice you get to gauge what size will be enough to stop any rattle. Can be used when sending proof coins that rattle as it does not touch the fields on the coin , only touching the milled edges. Also it can't be seen through the capsule so can be kept in place after receiving.

Well, i have posted 2 coins and they got there safe n sound 🙂.

A 1/4 and a 1/10. Package was huge,packed out with bubble wrap. No rattles. All in a tamper proof plastic postage bag.

Used a different post office this time. Other half is convinced the last coin was taken by them.

4 minutes ago, AaaGee said:

Well, i have posted 2 coins and they got there safe n sound 🙂.

A 1/4 and a 1/10. Package was huge,packed out with bubble wrap. No rattles. All in a tamper proof plastic postage bag.

Used a different post office this time. Other half is convinced the last coin was taken by them.

Glad to hear it.