• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

EBay Versus Sovereign Rarities

Just thought I would put it out there:

I have bought from Sovereign rarities before - I have no association with them otherwise. 

I note that eBay prices are similar in some instances to those on offer at Sovereign Rarities - with the better coins being sold by SR quite often. SR also sells some for a lot of money but these are the very rare or those in outstanding condition.

Sure there are now and again “sleepers” on eBay that the seller misses but these are about once a year in my experience. Quite a few “dealers” offer the majority of the sales in ebay and know what they are doing.

So anyone new on the forum should look on TSF and dealers rather than eBay, or at least do some due diligence.    

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

2 hours ago, dicker said:

Just thought I would put it out there:

I have bought from Sovereign rarities before - I have no association with them otherwise. 

I note that eBay prices are similar in some instances to those on offer at Sovereign Rarities - with the better coins being sold by SR quite often. SR also sells some for a lot of money but these are the very rare or those in outstanding condition.

Sure there are now and again “sleepers” on eBay that the seller misses but these are about once a year in my experience. Quite a few “dealers” offer the majority of the sales in ebay and know what they are doing.

So anyone new on the forum should look on TSF and dealers rather than eBay, or at least do some due diligence.    

Best

Dicker

I needed a bullion 2011 for a modern date run, was frustrating me so took to ebay, seller turned down £390...£400 and £410 plus post 😆 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

5 minutes ago, James32 said:

I needed a bullion 2011 for a modern date run, was frustrating me so took to ebay, seller turned down £390...£400 and £410 plus post 😆 

If they agree at £400 they would normally get £350. Never understood people trying to sell bullion on it. My day job has an account on there and only makes sense when 2-300%+ profit.

Edited by SiCole

Just now, SiCole said:

If they agree at £400 they would normally get £350. Never understood people trying to sell bullion on it. My day job has an account on there and only makes sense when 2-300%+ profit.

I specifically waited till the offer weekend, plus seller told me it was a highly sought after coin.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

18 hours ago, AaaGee said:

Bought my lovely 1997 silver brit set off ebay against my better judgement although turned out fine.

The other 'silver' coin i bought off of there is the most magnetic piece of metal known to man!

You could be onto a good thing there...

What's the spot price of neodymium?

😎

Chards