• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Would you believe it?

RDHC

Well, you probably would because it's Harrington and Byrne's latest unmissable offer. Fresh from my door mat, so to speak (and maybe from yours, too) comes an invitation to buy ('Post free', mark you) the 2022 'Queen Elizabeth Memorial Gold Proof Sovereign', which is stated to be 'Sold out at the Mint', for only  - wait for it - £1199. They do not burden you with any extra useful information, such as the fact that Chards, for example, will sell you exactly the same coin  for £680. Indeed, for not much more than £1199 you could acquire this as a 'Piedfort' sovereign with twice as much gold in it.

As H and B say, 'SEND NO MONEY NOW'   (or ever?)

I wonder if they break even, must do, otherwise the paper would have become thinner over the years!?

... so if they have have conversion on their mail list of 0.5%, and a letter costs £1.40, I think the math works out so they make £239 per coin sold. Thats a 20% margin, on the retail price for them, but then some poor mug pays 75% over retail price!

How on earth do you maintain a credible mailing list doing that! 

Edited by harrygill111

If you’re on the mailing list you find yourself on the same list as those people they aim for with their day time tv ads! I imagine most of those people would never consider looking on line for a coin dealer and certainly not look at buying direct from the mint🧐🤔

1 hour ago, harrygill111 said:

I wonder if they break even, must do, otherwise the paper would have become thinner over the years!?

... so if they have have conversion on their mail list of 0.5%, and a letter costs £1.40, I think the math works out so they make £239 per coin sold. Thats a 20% margin, on the retail price for them, but then some poor mug pays 75% over retail price!

How on earth do you maintain a credible mailing list doing that! 

"There's a sucker born every minute" is a phrase closely associated with P. T. Barnum, an American showman of the mid-19th century.

😎

Chards

2 hours ago, RDHC said:

Well, you probably would because it's Harrington and Byrne's latest unmissable offer. Fresh from my door mat, so to speak (and maybe from yours, too) comes an invitation to buy ('Post free', mark you) the 2022 'Queen Elizabeth Memorial Gold Proof Sovereign', which is stated to be 'Sold out at the Mint', for only  - wait for it - £1199. They do not burden you with any extra useful information, such as the fact that Chards, for example, will sell you exactly the same coin  for £680. Indeed, for not much more than £1199 you could acquire this as a 'Piedfort' sovereign with twice as much gold in it.

"Chards, for example, will sell you exactly the same coin  for £680"

There is a catch, though, We @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer charge £6 postage!

😎

Chards

6 hours ago, RDHC said:

Happy to report I've had no communications whatsoever from H&B for several months now.💩

Edited by flyingveepixie

13 hours ago, bluffer said:

Westminster in a 3 piece suit.

I tend to have more sympathy for Westminster, suppose its the good work with change checker and getting more people into the coins/PM "hobby". Some good deals on BU 50Ps for example. But nothing good to say about H&B at all. Got a sovereign once, then dozens of unsolicited letters and their opt out button's not working!