• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Sovereign Pendant

andrewb11

Good Evening,

I have been sent the link below, relating to the Sale of an 1872 Gold Sovereign pendant, asking if it is worth buying.

Would appreciate some expert advice please. 

Hope this post us acceptable and apologies if not appropriate 

Thank you 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1528145827338577/permalink/2420926108060540/?sale_post_id=2420926108060540p

I don't have Facebook so can't see the item in question unfortunately. But depending on how it's mounted, it's value may be substantially diminished "ex jewellery"

@Paul @Orpster @ArgentSmith @JamesH @DuncanWylieWilson 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

12 minutes ago, andrewb11 said:

Good Evening,

I have been sent the link below, relating to the Sale of an 1872 Gold Sovereign pendant, asking if it is worth buying.

Would appreciate some expert advice please. 

Hope this post us acceptable and apologies if not appropriate 

Thank you 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1528145827338577/permalink/2420926108060540/?sale_post_id=2420926108060540p

It’s a private group, can’t see anything. As mentioned, depends on the type of holder for the coin. If it is a ‘loose fit’ holder then it may not be too bad as otherwise the coins are soldered in and causes damage. Also, check the surface on both sides, as being gold the surface can wear if it has been worn over a long period of time.

Thank you for your replies thus far. Think i got the answer i needed and thought without getting a screenshot. I dont do Facebook also so not able to open the link i posted. Pretty stupid of me really for not checking 🙄.

At least i learned how to create a topic on here ans post something. Sorry for any wasted time.

Take care everyone and have a Happy festivities towards 2023. Should be an eventful year to come 🙏🙏

Edited by andrewb11
Rectify Spelling mistakes

16 minutes ago, PhilOdgny said:

Why do people still think that shared Facebook links are accessible by everyone?  It really beggars belief.  Why are intelligent people even still using Facebook?

The OP posted asking for help and stated he had been sent the link, and later posted he does not actually have Facebook himself so is unlikely to be au-fait with the minutiae of its workings

This forum is a community where some of us try and help each other out, and comments like yours are just rude and unhelpful. 

Please try and be a little more considerate with what you are commenting on others posts 

1 hour ago, andrewb11 said:

Thank you for your replies thus far. Think i got the answer i needed and thought without getting a screenshot. I dont do Facebook also so not able to open the link i posted. Pretty stupid of me really for not checking 🙄.

At least i learned how to create a topic on here ans post something. Sorry for any wasted time.

Take care everyone and have a Happy festivities towards 2023. Should be an eventful year to come 🙏🙏

Also, chances are if a sovereign is mounted in a pendant or a ring, it may also have been polished or damaged in some other way, which pretty much destroys any value beyond bullion.  If you can get the pendant for substantially less than the value of the sovereign then it might be worth buying.

Edited by Silverlocks

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

11 hours ago, Orpster said:

The OP posted asking for help and stated he had been sent the link, and later posted he does not actually have Facebook himself so is unlikely to be au-fait with the minutiae of its workings

This forum is a community where some of us try and help each other out, and comments like yours are just rude and unhelpful. 

Please try and be a little more considerate with what you are commenting on others posts 

Thank you for your message and excuse my ignorance in the ways of social media workings. Apologies for any distress caused. I will, as suggested, be more considerate in future.

Thank you so much for the helpful comments that were received.

Much love to all 🙏🙏

7 minutes ago, andrewb11 said:

Thank you for your message and excuse my ignorance in the ways of social media workings. Apologies for any distress caused. I will, as suggested, be more considerate in future.

Thank you so much for the helpful comments that were received.

Much love to all 🙏🙏

There is no apologies needed for not knowing the details of social media, I think the avoidance of platforms like Facebook can only be a healthy thing.  I only really use it for coin groups myself these days :),  

You have caused zero distress my friend, my comment about being more considerate was to the person who was rude on your post, not to you.  

3 hours ago, Orpster said:

There is no apologies needed for not knowing the details of social media, I think the avoidance of platforms like Facebook can only be a healthy thing.  I only really use it for coin groups myself these days :),  

You have caused zero distress my friend, my comment about being more considerate was to the person who was rude on your post, not to you.  

👍😮👍

Thank you all for the kind words and support. This is why i love this platform. If we were all considerate and non judgemental to all then the world would be less evil. 

We make our own reality 🙏🙏

Here is to a better 2023.