• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Your Gold My Silver

burns718

3 minutes ago, Solachesis said:

This thread has turned into a PG version of the naughty boy step. Apologies @burns718

easy done when members are let loose...... 

@burns718 its not personal, just threads can go astray on occasion

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a newbie myself  can see this from both points of views @burns718 for not wanting to list his entire inventory. what ever the reason, showing stack or whatever. But also if its of know interest to the person wanting the trade whats the point? I understand @Gordy point of view also, why would they want to offer Gold without knowing what on the table. But for me @JamesH was fair about it.... i have gold coin X i want to trade do you have any Y to offer. 

Both parties probably only want certain types of Gold/Silver coins/bars. So this approach kind of makes sense to me. If as some advise to sell the silver then buy the gold well effectively your taking a potential double hit on margins. selling silver to a dealer under spot, then buying gold over spot. trade alleviates this problem (so long as both parties happy with the respective offers)

just to be clear not siding with either parties here, just growing my own education too.

@burns718I have a beautiful gold Pahlavi listed, it's quite a scarce coin, and if you wanted to buy it right now outside of my listings, you'd have to pay £260-£280 + international shipping from European sellers on MAshops.

I'll swap it with you for 9 good condition Britannias, if you will cover my postage cost. 

It's listed at £225 + post, so that equates to £25 an ounce of bullion, unlimited mintage silver, for a very historical, and hard to get hold of gold coin.

Send me a PM if this interests you.

1 hour ago, ShineyMagpie said:

If as some advise to sell the silver then buy the gold well effectively your taking a potential double hit on margins. selling silver to a dealer 

No, we are actually advising to sell his silver on here for its fair premium ( considering he may have some very nice items) then buy the gold of his choosing and price comfort. 

Never and I repeat never sell silver to a dealer, unless purchased during the summer of 1921 😆 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, James32 said:

No, we are actually advising to sell his silver on here for its fair premium ( considering he may have some very nice items) then buy the gold of his choosing and price comfort. 

Never and I repeat never sell silver to a dealer, unless purchased during the summer of 1921 😆 

Yeah dealers will rip you off, if you want the best price, take it to a pawn shop; they've got loads of money to throw at you, as they have stacks of gold! 

I have done many exchanges on this forum, mostly for diversity of stack/collection. Actually, I enjoy doing this and I have had only pleasant trading experiences on here because:

1. The term and conditions were stated very clear before trade.

2. Both parts knew very well what they will receive, with clear pictures and descriptions.

3. The exchange rate was agreed in a fair balance by both parts, prior sending the goods.

4. if a deal was made today at a today's spot, both parts agreed that if the spot will change drastically in few days until the goods will arrive, it is only Karma, not a fault of one of the trading parts, so not to blame the trader for eventually theoretically loses in price.

I think it is better for the OP to say: 

- I have 1 kilo of silver Metalor, (see pictures) with a market value of £xxx, I'd like to trade for Yg of pure gold or two sovereigns in mint condition.

- I have xyz oz of silver bullion condition, in original tube/capsules, bullion condition, some of them with milk spots and tarnished rims, (see pictures), I'd like to trade for Wg of pure gold or Y sovereigns in mint condition.

It is not necessary to picture entire stack, just take it slowly, one by one and do what you want to do.

I am sure you will find plenty of serious people on forum, willing to trade at a fair exchange rate.

Good luck with your trade!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived