• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

This mornings Royal Mint **** up

Bogart

Trying to order got one in basket. Tried various cards, each time we need to send you a one time passcode OTP pity I have no mobile signal here. On the phone to see if alternative payment method available.

Hard work.

Edited by Bogart

Their phone lines keep going down. What a shambolic way of doing business. If we get cut off, which we have, I will give you a call back. Get phone call back told out of stock all sold this morning. They are in fact for the 4 coin set showing a stock level of -1

Shambolic does not do them justice.

Still getting emails from them of a pointless nature. Just repeating themselves over and over. All a pack of lies to my mind.

So RM can stick any offers where the sun does not shine. Off to have a bottle of wine.😋

2 hours ago, Bogart said:

Trying to order got one in basket. Tried various cards, each time we need to send you a one time passcode OTP pity I have no mobile signal here. On the phone to see if alternative payment method available.

Hard work.

I got messed around as well trying to pay then got kick out of page. Tried calling but gave up and bought the 2 halves I wanted from BBP instead. No hassles no drama.... RM need to sort this out or get a 3rd party in to deal with the sales side of things

Does not help when they do not know if they have stock or not One minute site saying not available then few hours later available to order even when they have none.

Still saying available, no wonder people despair of them.

Edited by Bogart

I'm sure I'll regret not buying one in a year or so, but right now with so much stuck in pending on my credit card, i'm not caring enough to attempt again to leave another 700 quid in pending limbo. I'll buy some whiskey instead.

25 minutes ago, Sharron said:

Just went back on RM's site..all available apart from the 4 coin set??

Ignore what the website says they are up there own **** as regards knowing what is available. You can go right to the end and payment fails as no stock.

My experience with the RM was very pleasant.  I got on at 12:30am (southern California) was #3000 in the queue.  Wait was about 20 minutes, pick up two sovs, and one Piedfort - paid, checked out and went back to bed.  Only disappointment was the RM still has them all, I see Chards has them for less, and I wouldn’t have had to stay up……..

I like the new design and it will go well with my QE sovs from earlier this year - people are calling them bookends?

Seems as though these may do well being the first sov with a new monarch.  I’m sure we’re in for a few more- definitely a coronation set.

26 minutes ago, MrB said:

I'm sure I'll regret not buying one in a year or so, but right now with so much stuck in pending on my credit card, i'm not caring enough to attempt again to leave another 700 quid in pending limbo. I'll buy some whiskey instead.

Sounds good to me I will pop round and bring my own glass, a big one.

1 minute ago, Sc391 said:

My experience with the RM was very pleasant.  I got on at 12:30am (southern California) was #3000 in the queue.  Wait was about 20 minutes, pick up two sovs, and one Piedfort - paid, checked out and went back to bed.  Only disappointment was the RM still has them all, I see Chards has them for less, and I wouldn’t have had to stay up……..

I like the new design and it will go well with my QE sovs from earlier this year - people are calling them bookends?

Seems as though these may do well being the first sov with a new monarch.  I’m sure we’re in for a few more- definitely a coronation set.

The mint will milk the arrival of Charlie as much as they can. Cannot wait for a Charlie and the Snowman sovereign.

11 minutes ago, Bogart said:

The mint will milk the arrival of Charlie as much as they can. Cannot wait for a Charlie and the Snowman sovereign.

Maybe a gold Charlie n the chocolate factory coin with a golden ticket!!!

On the RM website at 8.30am......2 computers, Ipad and phone....! All got in the queue with different spots....the computers had thousands in front......the phone went through very quickly. Got the 4 coin set and a couple full sovereigns. At 9.18am the RM website said 4 and 5 coin boxes were sold out..! At 4pm this afternoon......it said 4 and 5 coin boxes available to order..?!? Right now at 8.45pm all available except the 4 coin box. (sold out) Not an awful experience. Excited to get the double Sov proof....looks like a beauty..!!!

I was after the 4 coin set. As you rightly say so after it kicked off the 4 and 5 coin sets reported as sold out. Then mysteriously reported as being available again. At this time was actually talking to a sales guy at the RM who was looking at the same screen as myself, stock available.

All went swimmingly until he found out there was no stock. In fact he told me the stock level was -1 and that somebody was going to be disappointed. What a way to conduct business. I have no idea what the difference is between in stock and available to order for

limited edition sets.