• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

This mornings Royal Mint **** up

Bogart

7 minutes ago, Bogart said:

I was after the 4 coin set. As you rightly say so after it kicked off the 4 and 5 coin sets reported as sold out. Then mysteriously reported as being available again. At this time was actually talking to a sales guy at the RM who was looking at the same screen as myself, stock available.

All went swimmingly until he found out there was no stock. In fact he told me the stock level was -1 and that somebody was going to be disappointed. What a way to conduct business. I have no idea what the difference is between in stock and available to order for

limited edition sets.

It is confusing. Even the 5 coin is still available right now....even though it was sold out at 9.18am..!!?  Where in Norfolk are you.....Costessey born n' bred, now living in wild and crazy Las Vegas.

Re:above! Are we really surprised at the way the RM conduct any release of their coins? Its been the same for years but we always queue and then complain about the unprofessional way they work,including me.

We complain,feedback our frustrations to the RM but, does anything ever change,no.

And it never will,if they don't take on board our frustrations by now they never will..its all about profit for them.

I've had good and c**p experiences in the past on release dates...and that will never change...I guess going forward its just something we have to expect although we shouldn't but if anyone has the answer to a 100% hassle free release date of any coins the rm release..I'd love to know and I think we would all love to know🙄🙄🙄🙄

I picked up a three coin 2022 set from the RM well as a single proof sov weeks after they were 'sold out' (but suddenly a few reappeared).

Obviously I can't complain for myself, but not only did I receive them just a few days later (before many people who had actually ordered on the day, through sitting through the dreadful queues etc) they were pristine (again unlike many who had ordered on release day).

It's simply not good enough.

14 minutes ago, kimchi said:

I picked up a three coin 2022 set from the RM well as a single proof sov weeks after they were 'sold out' (but suddenly a few reappeared).

Obviously I can't complain for myself, but not only did I receive them just a few days later (before many people who had actually ordered on the day, through sitting through the dreadful queues etc) they were pristine (again unlike many who had ordered on release day).

It's simply not good enough.

Sounds great to me!!!!

Maybe it's the returns department being efficient... they'll figure XX% will be returned as the quality will be super duper.

They then have more mugs lined up to send the super duper coins too, who they might be hoping don't mind super duper quality. 

Repeat after me: I am not a cynic