• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Any love for circulated CuN fifty pees and 2 pound coins?

First, apologies for posting here - this is NOT about Silver or Gold coins. As noted a few times the non PM section can be a bit of a graveyard, so I've posted here - if anyone is mortally affronted I'll ask a mod to move it.

Anyway, like many people I accumulated the special reverse 50p & £2 coins from change over the years. After having a nostalgic look at them a few days ago, I noticed there were loads of multiples. So after keeping one of each for posterity I have left £60 of 2 pound coins and £90 of 50p coins. (No Kew Gardens...)

So question is, are these saleable? Do our members with an ebay presence sell them? Does anyone just collect/stack them?

Not looking to get rich, but if anyone wants them more than I do or can make a buck on them, then give me a shout.

26 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I was selling Jemima puddle duck’s circulation 50p for £4.50-£6.50 each.

the most I got was £48 for the ireland common wealth £2 coin.

I know the Jemimas were quite popular, swear I had a few, but can't find them. Best ones I have are a few WWF (my favourite design) and an Olympic football, which I think is also worth a wee bit more than 50p - maybe a quid!

3 hours ago, TheShinyStuff said:

First, apologies for posting here - this is NOT about Silver or Gold coins. As noted a few times the non PM section can be a bit of a graveyard, so I've posted here - if anyone is mortally affronted I'll ask a mod to move it.

Anyway, like many people I accumulated the special reverse 50p & £2 coins from change over the years. After having a nostalgic look at them a few days ago, I noticed there were loads of multiples. So after keeping one of each for posterity I have left £60 of 2 pound coins and £90 of 50p coins. (No Kew Gardens...)

So question is, are these saleable? Do our members with an ebay presence sell them? Does anyone just collect/stack them?

Not looking to get rich, but if anyone wants them more than I do or can make a buck on them, then give me a shout.

There is a section for non-prcecious metals:

https://www.thesilverforum.com/forum/91-non-precious-metal-coins-base-metal-coins/

Just scrool down the Home page.

😎

Chards

7 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

There is a section for non-prcecious metals:

https://www.thesilverforum.com/forum/91-non-precious-metal-coins-base-metal-coins/

Just scrool down the Home page.

😎

As noted a few times the non PM section can be a bit of a graveyard, so I've posted here - if anyone is mortally affronted I'll ask a mod to move it

Are you mortally affronted @LawrenceChard?

19 minutes ago, TheShinyStuff said:

As noted a few times the non PM section can be a bit of a graveyard, so I've posted here - if anyone is mortally affronted I'll ask a mod to move it

Are you mortally affronted @LawrenceChard?

Non precious metals?……..so that’s anywhere in the Silver section😂😂😂

6 minutes ago, TheShinyStuff said:

What about if I do this...

image.thumb.png.ad4f3cbcb9100875c3643ce12d63ec42.png

and claim its my image...

(Just messing about, don't unleash the legal team.)😁

I'd take it as a compliment, before asking if you were working for GoldCore or London Mint Office!

https://www.goldcopyright.co.uk/copyright-abuse/goldcore-goldcore-com-and-copyright-theft/

😎

Chards

2 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

I'd take it as a compliment, before asking if you were working for GoldCore or London Mint Office!

https://www.goldcopyright.co.uk/copyright-abuse/goldcore-goldcore-com-and-copyright-theft/

😎

1 hour ago, TheShinyStuff said:

Take the compliment, no strings (or theft) attached!

I forgot to include the London Mint Office copyright link:

https://www.goldcopyright.co.uk/copyright-abuse/london-mint-office-and-copyright-theft/

There was another later one, but I can't find it.

😎

Chards

7 hours ago, TheShinyStuff said:

ah, the silver/gold gateway drug!

yes, yes/sometimes but not so much now, yes. there are some i still want/need but ......

depends on what you have so you really need to list them rather than saying let me know what you want.

on here its a bit quiet as you mention for non pm.  the well known youtuber christopher collects has his own discord server where it is much much busier to swap and sell.  fleabay, you a shark or minnow?  i still sometimes buy from there but selling, not so much now due to fees, unrealistic buyers and or conmen.  there are also various coin groups on facebook where some people are obviously dealers and sometimes normal collectors selling doubles but can be cheaper than fleabay.

Edited by bluffer

1 hour ago, bluffer said:

ah, the silver/gold gateway drug!

yes, yes/sometimes but not so much now, yes. there are some i still want/need but ......

depends on what you have so you really need to list them rather than saying let me know what you want.

on here its a bit quiet as you mention for non pm.  the well known youtuber christopher collects has his own discord server where it is much much busier to swap and sell.  fleabay, you a shark or minnow?  i still sometimes buy from there but selling, not so much now due to fees, unrealistic buyers and or conmen.  there are also various coin groups on facebook where some people are obviously dealers and sometimes normal collectors selling doubles but can be cheaper than fleabay.

Thanks, I get your point, but I'm not going to list over 200 coins, it's more if you're interested in a job lot as described. It's only £150 face value.

I don't use ebay at all, nor discord - they go here or they go to the post office!