• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - See a deal, post here :)

morezone
Message added by ChrisSilver

43 minutes ago, whittington2308 said:

hey you said 11 to 11-30 before its only 9am! i think golds not my destiny. tbh whens these silly prices sorting themselves out and getting back to £24 mark? (when i first looked at gold and thought 'ill wait till it drops a bit') :angry: its ok that question was rhetorical :P

More some reason I thought your post was made in the afternoon, maybe I was wrong.

In general they don't buy in more stock until after the morning fix but you can still buy at the preceding days prices up until the fix comes in.

£24 ? gold ???

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, whittington2308 said:

around december time when i first started looking, that's per gram, (how i work stuff out, i like small numbers :))

Ah yes, the low:)

Per gram, fine but it involves a calculation. Tr. oz is better.

1/10 proof 2004 Brit on ebay for BIN of £105 + postage but you can make an offer, not a deal as such but good price, well maybe if they accept an offer it would be a deal

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-GOLD-PROOF-BRITANNIA-1-10-TH-OZ-10-COIN-WITH-CERTIFICATE-/331828135833?hash=item4d427f8799:g:VrEAAOSwJQdXCprk

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

1/10 proof 2004 Brit on ebay for BIN of £105 + postage but you can make an offer, not a deal as such but good price, well maybe if they accept an offer it would be a deal

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-GOLD-PROOF-BRITANNIA-1-10-TH-OZ-10-COIN-WITH-CERTIFICATE-/331828135833?hash=item4d427f8799:g:VrEAAOSwJQdXCprk

Thanks Kman I bought it at the full bin price as I'm missing 2004 in my registry set and it looked a clean one. Price was good as graded it will sell for £130 any day even if spot goes down. So no risk and it fills a hole..thanks once more for the heads up.

9 hours ago, Numistacker said:

Thanks Kman I bought it at the full bin price as I'm missing 2004 in my registry set and it looked a clean one. Price was good as graded it will sell for £130 any day even if spot goes down. So no risk and it fills a hole..thanks once more for the heads up.

I saw Kman's heads up and had a look. Thought about it and almost pulled the trigger but decided I wanted a case as well and it would be ideal for Numi to grade!:D

I saw Kman's heads up and had a look. Thought about it and almost pulled the trigger but decided I wanted a case as well and it would be ideal for Numi to grade![emoji3]

I didn't even realize it has no case )) I have lots of cases but it is a good one to grade. I have a €25 that got a 70 so maybe this will do well?

Mother humper..

HGM had 3 shield sovs up, I was just going to buy one and then ask for dates and condition and try and get a choice from there

I proceeded to checkout but I'm on a new laptop since last time I ordered and had to go to my emails to find my password, of course in the meantime they sold >:/

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

29 minutes ago, Kman said:

Mother humper..

HGM had 3 shield sovs up, I was just going to buy one and then ask for dates and condition and try and get a choice from there

I proceeded to checkout but I'm on a new laptop since last time I ordered and had to go to my emails to find my password, of course in the meantime they sold >:/

you never learn;)

Just now, sovereignsteve said:

you never learn;)

I did learn from last time :( buy first before ringing 

But now I learned a new lesson, have their weird XvaF7191 type password saved on my browser 

2 minutes ago, Kman said:

I did learn from last time :( buy first before ringing 

But now I learned a new lesson, have their weird XvaF7191 type password saved on my browser 

sorry km I misread your post

34 minutes ago, Kman said:

Mother humper..

Aren't you just going to get whatever they have put aside for you when you bought or are you relying on them giving you the choice anyway as you're a good customer?

1 minute ago, sovereignsteve said:

what's that about the password?

I can't remember, either they sent me a password originally or I had to have it reset at some point, but the password for my account is a random generated one emailed to me and I had it saved on my old laptop browser before so it wasn't a problem because I never entered it, so didn't change it

Should probably go and change it now so I don't have this kind of mishap in future 

17 minutes ago, Murph said:

Aren't you just going to get whatever they have put aside for you when you bought or are you relying on them giving you the choice anyway as you're a good customer?

I'm sure if there were 3, I bought one, rang straight away and asked dates they would give me a choice 

26 minutes ago, silverin said:

@Kman unlucky mate

It's been a while since i've bought from HGM, but i managed to get 3 shields - 52, 57 and a 79. 

Don't own a 57, so pretty happy with that.  Hopefully the other two are in even better grades than the examples I already own.

Nice, when did you get those? 79 will be a Sydney is I remember correctly right? 

1 minute ago, silverin said:

Bought today, for once i was at my PC when they came on! 

Yes it will be a Sydney.  I'm hoping for a good one that's grade worthy.

Ahh were they the ones I posted about?

Be interested to see some pictures of what I missed out on if so

Just now, Kman said:

Ahh were they the ones I posted about?

Be interested to see some pictures of what I missed out on if so

Yes I think they are... they came on around 1.30 today and I was on a late lunch :P

Of course, will put some up on the sov thread if they are post worthy!  My own personal experience has shown me that it's hard to find high grade 50's.

3 hours ago, KDave said:

Ahhhhhhhhhh completely ruined. Nice coin otherwise, gVF getting on for aEF. Without the hole catalogue value would be at least £1k.

You seem to see a lot of holed/mounted George IV sovs, single and double.

2 hours ago, silverin said:

Arghhh ruined... @sovereignsteve do people collect rare holed sov's?

Not that I know of. I would collect rare coins that were damaged in some way, especially if only on one side.

Some can be repaired, obviously not totally invisible but enough for the damage not to hit you in the face, as this one does.

You see a lot of GIV 1823 doubles that have been in a swivel mount with the holes plugged. Can be quite effective so long as the hole hasn't damaged any of the letter of the edge inscription.

Archived