• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Best place to sell unrefined Gold

SouthcoastUK2

Try and give Baird & Co a ring/email - they are approved LBMA gold refiners - UK based in London in Hatton Garden.

Not sure if they buy from public or just deal direct with the the trade. 

In my local pawn brokers/gold buyers, i saw a lumpy Royal Mail Special Delivery envelope with Bairds address on it many times when i visited behind the counter

You also have Hatton Garden Metals who purchase scrap   

6 hours ago, SouthcoastUK2 said:

Where is the best place to sell mostly unrefined Gold ? about 80 plus grams.

I also have a load of silver too.

I was going to use Presman Mastermelt of London.

Any recommendations would be appreciated many thanks.

4 hours ago, dicker said:

Hi

When you say unrefined, do you mean scrap gold? Or something different?

Best

Dicker

That's almost exactly what I was thinking.

If the OP has 80 grams of unrefined gold, his metal detecting must have worked, perhaps he is finding alluvial gold on south coast beaches.

"I've spent many years metal detecting & found some amazing stuff..."

If it is low grade ore in kimberlite, he would definetely need his panel beating skills at least, as a typical yield is about 1 gram per tonne.

"I'm a panel beater fabricator welder by trade."

However, it's my guess that he means scrap gold!

😎

Chards

12 hours ago, Paul said:

Try and give Baird & Co a ring/email - they are approved LBMA gold refiners - UK based in London in Hatton Garden.

Not sure if they buy from public or just deal direct with the the trade. 

In my local pawn brokers/gold buyers, i saw a lumpy Royal Mail Special Delivery envelope with Bairds address on it many times when i visited behind the counter

You also have Hatton Garden Metals who purchase scrap   

Thank you Paul I will give them a call

12 hours ago, dicker said:

Hi

When you say unrefined, do you mean scrap gold? Or something different?

Best

Dicker

I had a load of broken gold pieces & fillings from jewellery repairs also a load of new unused jewelers shot/grain, plate, wire & solders still in original labelled bags mostly from cookson gold, it was all kept separate in 9 ct, 18 ct & 22 ct piles which included red, white, green & yellow. The fillings & smaller bits have now been melted into small 9, 18 & 22ct ingots green white red & yellow, the shot, plate & wire is still as it was when bought. Probably over 100 grams in gold not counting the silver.

Thanks Dicker

9 hours ago, Shep said:

https://lois-bullion.com

I’ve used Lois Bullion in Birmingham a couple of times previously as I found they paid the best price at the time. Worth getting a quote. 

Thank you Shep much appreciated 

8 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

That's almost exactly what I was thinking.

If the OP has 80 grams of unrefined gold, his metal detecting must have worked, perhaps he is finding alluvial gold on south coast beaches.

"I've spent many years metal detecting & found some amazing stuff..."

If it is low grade ore in kimberlite, he would definetely need his panel beating skills at least, as a typical yield is about 1 gram per tonne.

"I'm a panel beater fabricator welder by trade."

However, it's my guess that he means scrap gold!

😎

lol I wish I could find that much gold detecting, in over 20 years of searching I have only ever found 2 pieces of gold which were iron age Celtic staters, that's a ratio of more than 20,000 (probably much more) odd holes dug to 2 pieces of gold.

Yes I meant mixed up unrefined gold scrap although all of it was bagged & labeled by ct, the majority of it is new thou in grain/shot, wire, plate & some solder.

Thanks a lot Lawrence :)

12 minutes ago, dicker said:

Hi @SouthcoastUK2

I suspect Sheps suggestion would be cheapest but May be worth checking with Baird who refine gold in London.

Best

Dicker

Yes I guess some of it def has to go to somebody who can refine it Dicker, Presman Mastermelt said they will melt it all down & pay you for the gold, silver & any other precious metal content. Would be a shame to melt down all the grain/shot, plate, wire etc as it new, i will probably only send the unrefined anyway & re home the plate grain etc with jewelers if I can otherwise it will be unfortunate if it all gos for scrap.

Many thanks :)

48 minutes ago, SouthcoastUK2 said:

lol I wish I could find that much gold detecting, in over 20 years of searching I have only ever found 2 pieces of gold which were iron age Celtic staters, that's a ratio of more than 20,000 (probably much more) odd holes dug to 2 pieces of gold.

Yes I meant mixed up unrefined gold scrap although all of it was bagged & labeled by ct, the majority of it is new thou in grain/shot, wire, plate & some solder.

I've found more PM's in lost mobile phones with my metal decorator.  I hope you did a dance when yo found some gold!  

53 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I've found more PM's in lost mobile phones with my metal decorator.  I hope you did a dance when yo found some gold!  

I've probably found 7 old phones detecting over the years lol.

Yes I sure did Dave, my ex found an Edward III gold quarter noble too :)

1 minute ago, SouthcoastUK2 said:

I've probably found 7 old phones detecting over the years lol.

Yes I sure did Dave, my ex found an Edward III gold quarter noble too :)

Bet that feeling is great, mate I’d run around naked if I ever found the smallest gold coin!  

14 hours ago, Shep said:

https://lois-bullion.com

I’ve used Lois Bullion in Birmingham a couple of times previously as I found they paid the best price at the time. Worth getting a quote. 

that means @ilovesilverireallydo

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

9 hours ago, SouthcoastUK2 said:

Two Gold Celtic staters is two more than I have found!

😎

Chards