• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Puppy Swallows 20 Coins From Derby Owner's Purse BBC News

Puppy Swallows 20 Coins From Derby Owner's Purse BBC News

1544029289_Puppyswallows20coinsfromDerbyownerspurseBBC.thumb.jpg.87c2af0afbe91365fd3609811d4632b9.jpg

Not to be outdone by the Blackpool Man whose dog digs up gold sovereigns...

A 12-week-old puppy has undergone emergency surgery after swallowing 20 coins from its owner's purse.

Vet charity the PDSA said Daisy's owner Ivana, from Derby, became concerned when the Bichon Frise cross started vomiting and had stopped eating.

She was taken to the vets where X-ray images showed she had swallowed the coins.

The charity said the operation was a success and Daisy was able to go home the following day with medication.

Vets examined Daisy and could see her stomach was causing her pain. A 2p coin had been seen in her vomit, the PDSA added.

This raised suspicions of a blockage, so she was sedated and X-rayed.

X-ray images showed she had swallowed 13 1p coins, three 5ps, two 20ps and two £1 coins.

Ivana said: "I couldn't believe it when PDSA rang to tell me Daisy had swallowed so many coins.

"My purse had been missing and we'd searched high and low for it, not thinking it was Daisy who was the culprit who ran off with it.

"I had no idea a puppy would even eat this sort of thing and we were all beside ourselves with worry and so scared we might lose her."

Vet nurse Sally Frith added: "We couldn't believe the number of coins she'd managed to eat, especially for such a tiny puppy.

"The coins had been causing a blockage which, if left, could have been fatal so it's a good job her owner brought her in.

"Daisy has been back for check-ups and we're pleased she's recovering and healing well."
😎

Chards

38 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

I have an x-ray picture of my Estonian Grandson who swallowed a 2cent coin a few weeks ago,  might put the full story on the Naughty boy thread

😀

Just this morning I was looking at an 1865 US 2 cent.

Just thinking, the coin your grandson swallowed...

Was it "raw" or slabbed?

Chards

40 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

I have an x-ray picture of my Estonian Grandson who swallowed a 2cent coin a few weeks ago,  might put the full story on the Naughty boy thread

😀

I knew you leaving all that loose change laying about was going to backfire. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

12 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

Just this morning I was looking at an 1865 US 2 cent.

Just thinking, the coin your grandson swallowed...

Was it "raw" or slabbed?

It was a "raw" bullion circulated in the system , it has now exited and will be sent off for grading.

Hoping it will get a special label SOTD  ( swallowed on the day ) maybe with the Estonian flag as a back ground 😀

10 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

It was a "raw" bullion circulated in the system , it has now exited and will be sent off for grading.

Hoping it will get a special label SOTD  ( swallowed on the day ) maybe with the Estonian flag as a back ground 😀

For a second, I thought SOTD was going to stand for something else.

😎

Chards

21 hours ago, Midasfrog said:

😀

8 hours ago, Midasfrog said:

I mentioned this to one of our team today, and he instantly advised not to make any intervention, but simply to watch and wait for any "change". Pun / joke fully intended!

😎

Chards

15 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I mentioned this to one of our team today, and he instantly advised not to make any intervention, but simply to watch and wait for any "change". Pun / joke fully intended!

😎

It popped out the other end sooner than expected 😂 I suppose customs will give it a good check when I fly it into the UK for grading