• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

10oz perth mint lunar capsules???

8 hours ago, SilverSearchers said:

Hi guys, 

Does one of you maybe know where I can get a capsule for my 10oz perth mint lunar coin? Been looking everywhere but can't seem to find one anywhere! 

Any help would be most appreciated 🙏🏻 

Thanks 😊 

If you think you've got a problem, try getting one for a 10 kilo silver one!

2022YearoftheTigerPerthMintLunar10kg300dollarsSilverBullionCoinreversesideview2crop.thumb.jpg.142a607892a662a0be51782d2a3bf9e6.jpg

Even getting them out of a capsule requires care and experience!

😎

Chards

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

If you think you've got a problem, try getting one for a 10 kilo silver one!

2022YearoftheTigerPerthMintLunar10kg300dollarsSilverBullionCoinreversesideview2crop.thumb.jpg.142a607892a662a0be51782d2a3bf9e6.jpg

Even getting them out of a capsule requires care and experience!

😎

Hammer and large screwdriver, but don't forget the cotton gloves to avoid damage to the coin😎

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

51 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

You take coins out of capsules?🥶

🤣🤣

We sure do. Mainly to get decent photographs, but sometimes for other reasons like checking condition, authenticity, etc.

In this case, there was no doubt as it had arrived direct from Perth Mint.

😎

Chards

40 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Hammer and large screwdriver, but don't forget the cotton gloves to avoid damage to the coin😎

This one arrived only partly in the capsule, possibly so that we could examine it, and photograph it. It was well packed.

Some years ago, we damaged one of these capsules. They are so big, and tightly fitting, they almost need a special tool for the job.

😎

Chards

35 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

This one arrived only partly in the capsule, possibly so that we could examine it, and photograph it. It was well packed.

Some years ago, we damaged one of these capsules. They are so big, and tightly fitting, they almost need a special tool for the job.

😎

Yeah I used to have a collection of kilo coins.Not one capsule could be opened without sheer ignorance. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

14 hours ago, SilverSearchers said:

Hi guys, 

Does one of you maybe know where I can get a capsule for my 10oz perth mint lunar coin? Been looking everywhere but can't seem to find one anywhere! 

Any help would be most appreciated 🙏🏻 

Thanks 😊 

24 minutes ago, SilverSearchers said:

I got a few 10oz lunar coins from the 2nd series but one isn't in its original capsule and it bothers me, therfore I'd like a spare one to change it. Wouldn't even wanna try to get one for a 10kg one 🙈.

From time to time german official Perth Mint distributers had offered original Perth Mint capsules. The Lunar II 10 OZ coins had the same size/diameter as the 10 OZ Kookaburra. Maybe @LawrenceChard knows a Blackpool bullion dealer, which is also an official Perth Mint distributor, that can ask the Perth Mint, if they can send some Kookaburra capsules. 

9 hours ago, dikefalos said:

From time to time german official Perth Mint distributers had offered original Perth Mint capsules. The Lunar II 10 OZ coins had the same size/diameter as the 10 OZ Kookaburra. Maybe @LawrenceChard knows a Blackpool bullion dealer, which is also an official Perth Mint distributor, that can ask the Perth Mint, if they can send some Kookaburra capsules. 

Well, if we tag @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer, someone might have a look.

But...

I think Perth Mint are reluctant to provide separate capsules because they could potentially be used by counterfeiters.

We cracked one of the 10 kilo silver capsules some years ago, and were unable to get a replacement.

😎

Chards

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

Well, if we tag @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer, someone might have a look.

But...

I think Perth Mint are reluctant to provide separate capsules because they could potentially be used by counterfeiters.

We cracked one of the 10 kilo silver capsules some years ago, and were unable to get a replacement.

😎

I guess,it's worth for @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer to ask the Perth Mint. They are able and should be willing to send some capsules. Especially, because they send from time to time for example to this german distributor

https://www.silber-corner.de/de/perth-mint-kapseln-silbermuenzen

I really don't like this dealer for different reasons, but the capsules (1/2 OZ to 1 kilo) are PM genuine. Most of them are sold out. They will restock at some point, but these capsules are selling fast. 10 OZ LII capsules should be the same, as the Kookaburra capsules. 

Good for the guy, that cracked the 10 kilo coin capsule, that it wasn't my employee. You can break my mother in law's neck, but if it comes to capsules i turn into Henry VIII.

21 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

I guess,it's worth for @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer to ask the Perth Mint. They are able and should be willing to send some capsules. Especially, because they send from time to time for example to this german distributor

https://www.silber-corner.de/de/perth-mint-kapseln-silbermuenzen

I really don't like this dealer for different reasons, but the capsules (1/2 OZ to 1 kilo) are PM genuine. Most of them are sold out. They will restock at some point, but these capsules are selling fast. 10 OZ LII capsules should be the same, as the Kookaburra capsules. 

Good for the guy, that cracked the 10 kilo coin capsule, that it wasn't my employee. You can break my mother in law's neck, but if it comes to capsules i turn into Henry VIII.

Thank you, I'll keep an eye on there webside! Unfortunately the kookaburra (75mm Diameter x 8.5mm) and lunar II coins (85.6mm x 6.6mm) are different sizes 😕 

23 hours ago, SilverSearchers said:

Thank you, I'll keep an eye on there webside! Unfortunately the kookaburra (75mm Diameter x 8.5mm) and lunar II coins (85.6mm x 6.6mm) are different sizes 😕 

Than you won't find there anymore LII 10 OZ capsules, they stopped producing them years ago. I thought, they have the same diameter as the Kooks. 

This shop here has identical to the original PM capsules in stock

https://www.meinemuenzbox.de/schatztruhe-1/münzkapseln-zubehör2/lunar-serie-ii-münzkapsel-10-oz/

Edited by dikefalos

12 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

Than you find there anymore LII 10 OZ capsules, they stopped producing them years ago. I thought, they have the same diameter as the Kooks. 

This shop here has identical to the original PM capsules in stock

https://www.meinemuenzbox.de/schatztruhe-1/münzkapseln-zubehör2/lunar-serie-ii-münzkapsel-10-oz/

Awesome thank you very much!!! I'll order some now, I have family in germany and they are coming over in 2 weeks, result 👍. Thank you!

23 hours ago, dikefalos said:

I've forwarded this to our purchasing department. We'll ask the Perth Mint and let you know what they say.