• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Sovereign coins and Mexico Peso Gold - How much are they worth? Valuation request (HELP)

Hello,

Attached is several coins I have and I am trying to understand what do I have here and how much are they worth if I sell them.

I will appreciate if you can share your thoughts and opinions about it in order to get better understanding about their value.

* Sorry if it's the wrong forum to post, please transfer the post or let me know where to post.

Thank you very much! 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

The two 50 Mexican 50 Peso coins-approx $2,300 each

1903 Edward VII Sovereign Looks like London Mint-approx $480

The Sovereign Bracelet based on just what I can see in the photo-approx $6000...assuming most are full sovereigns.

I based the prices on current gold spot price.

@LawrenceChard  What do you think, Lawrence?

Edited by Norskgeld

I’ve never seen a bracelet like that before.

Are they full sovereigns? It looks like there literally is half a sovereign there as it looks like it’s been cut in half.

Do you have any more photos of it?

I presume the rest of the bracelet is 9ct gold.

1 hour ago, Norskgeld said:

The two 50 Mexican 50 Peso coins-approx $2,300 each

1903 Edward VII Sovereign Looks like London Mint-approx $480

The Sovereign Bracelet based on just what I can see in the photo-approx $6000...assuming most are full sovereigns.

I based the prices on current gold spot price.

@LawrenceChard  What do you think, Lawrence?

First thing is to check whether they are all genuine. It is not easy from those photos, but I can't spot any obvious fakes.

Next is to work out the intrinsic gold value.

From there, it's up to supply and demand. you might get a premium for some items, or have to accept a discount for others.

The sovereign bracelet looks rather familiar to me. I feel sure that @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer have either got, or had, a similar item in stock.

Chards

Find a local coin shop who can check they are all genuine and value them.

You could sell them at a coin shop, auction, jewellers, pawn shop or online coin/gold dealer.

You could try and sell them here on the forum as there are members worldwide on here.

Edited by Norskgeld

2 hours ago, goldcoins123 said:

Thank you very much for the responses!  

I will make a better picture of the bracelet and share.

What is the best way to sell it or get quotes?  

1 hour ago, Norskgeld said:

Find a local coin shop who can check they are all genuine and value them.

You could sell them at a coin shop, auction, jewellers, pawn shop or online coin/gold dealer.

You could try and sell them here on the forum as there are members worldwide on here.

Just noticed you are in the USA.

I agree with @Norskgeld. If TSF members are interested, good; if not LCS, or shop around online in USA.

To work out the intrinsic gold value, count the sovereigns, check what the bracelet is made of, weigh it, subtract the sovs, do the maths on the other coins, then go from there.

I / we would buy the lot, but you would need to get insured postage to UK, and we would probalby only buy the sov bracelet for scrap, and the Mex at a discount.

I hope that helps.

🙂

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

• 2 weeks later...