• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

My stacking focus and strategy

Hi all,

I've known about the forum for some time, but didn't create an account until recently. I'm a stacker since about five years. I'm a pure stacker (no interest in collecting). I stack gold and silver (no interest in other precious metals, like plutonium, rhododendron, etc. 😀). This is because unlike gold and silver, other precious metals are not monetary metals, and I do see gold and silver as money. Connected to this belief is also my exclusive focus on coins (no interest in bars, spoons, etc.).

My favourite coins are Krugerrands, Maple Leafs, Philharmonics, and Kangaroos. These four coins, in both gold and silver, is what I focus on in my stacking. They are among the most popular and well-known bullion coins in the world, and usually have low premiums. Focussing on these coins also gives my stack a nice geographical diversity in that they come from four very different parts of the world: Africa, the Americas, Europe, and Oceania respectively. I think this makes for a globally viable stack.

When it comes to gold I like fractional coins. 1/2 oz and 1/4 oz are my favourite sizes despite the somewhat higher premiums these sizes carry compared to the full ounce coins. A full ounce is a lot of money for me to put into gold at any one particular time, but the most important reason is that I want to have a barter friendly stack and smaller gold coins (and silver) seem more suitable for barter situations. My “exit strategy” is to exchange my coins directly for goods and services (without ever selling them back for fiat currency) in the far future or sooner if there ever is a crisis.

I have an auction up at the moment, I’m selling five Silver Britannias with Monkey Privy Mark on Rim. I got over these accidentally, and since they are not really my cup of tea I hope they will find a better home. Check it out:

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/59390-lot-of-5-silver-britannias-with-monkey-privy-mark-on-rim/#comment-623976

Edited by goldsilverdash

Welcome to the forum!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Founder & Administrator

Hello and welcome to The Silver Forum :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

On 10/03/2022 at 10:23, goldsilverdash said:

Hi all,

I've known about the forum for some time, but didn't create an account until recently. I'm a stacker since about five years. I'm a pure stacker (no interest in collecting). I stack gold and silver (no interest in other precious metals, like plutonium, rhododendron, etc. 😀). This is because unlike gold and silver, other precious metals are not monetary metals, and I do see gold and silver as money. Connected to this belief is also my exclusive focus on coins (no interest in bars, spoons, etc.).

My favourite coins are Krugerrands, Maple Leafs, Philharmonics, and Kangaroos. These four coins, in both gold and silver, is what I focus on in my stacking. They are among the most popular and well-known bullion coins in the world, and usually have low premiums. Focussing on these coins also gives my stack a nice geographical diversity in that they come from four very different parts of the world: Africa, the Americas, Europe, and Oceania respectively. I think this makes for a globally viable stack.

When it comes to gold I like fractional coins. 1/2 oz and 1/4 oz are my favourite sizes despite the somewhat higher premiums these sizes carry compared to the full ounce coins. A full ounce is a lot of money for me to put into gold at any one particular time, but the most important reason is that I want to have a barter friendly stack and smaller gold coins (and silver) seem more suitable for barter situations. My “exit strategy” is to exchange my coins directly for goods and services (without ever selling them back for fiat currency) in the far future or sooner if there ever is a crisis.

I have an auction up at the moment, I’m selling five Silver Britannias with Monkey Privy Mark on Rim. I got over these accidentally, and since they are not really my cup of tea I hope they will find a better home. Check it out:

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/59390-lot-of-5-silver-britannias-with-monkey-privy-mark-on-rim/#comment-623976

Welcome to the forum and a great introduction. I also like your exit strategy!