• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Binlord of the week on ebay

dicker

12 hours ago, ccfcpaul said:

had a guy buy a couple of my 1g gold bars over the weekend. ..sent them out yesterday...his account got deleted today for dodgyness!

Ebay messaged me stating "the orders had been cancelled for my safety" haha.... how they can state that when its clearly dispatched is beyond me!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/petpete_hd5hy

Thankfully RM processed it properly so I got to keep the sales.

Theres me thinking that scammers only go for higher valued items. Although judging by the image from the tracking, I wasn't his only purchase.

Scammers address logged!!

06900b63-f038-416a-919e-849a352ffca7.jpg

Anyone who wears socks with open toe slippers/sandals is dodgy.  

Never Chase and Never Regret 

11 hours ago, James32 said:

Jeez the guy is standing right there, did the postie just fire them at his feet 😆 

I think the postie must know that he is a scammer, so just threw them on the floor.

On 19/01/2024 at 16:51, Dalriada83 said:

Another 'House Clearance' no doubt. Sorry to wander off topic chaps but I am having a different sort of problem with EBay & Amazon. I am trying to obtain some plastic storage tubes type H that will hold capsules (the clear plastic with red top variety), but the only blighter on Amazon that sells them is taking money and just not shipping them, forcing the tedium of going through reclaiming your cash; and I suspect the sources of same on EBay are the same blighter as the photos are identical. Does anyone know of an alternative source of these things? Any information gratefully received.

Ask on here. They come up for sale occasionally 👍

3 hours ago, Esjayc said:

How about my eBay purchase of a 1910 Sydney Mint half sovereign (mintage 474,000) and actually being sent / received a more worn 1910 London Mint one (mintage 22,379,624). It's genuine... but not what I paid a premium for...

Was looking forward to my 1910 S half sov today, but alas.

Wish me luck in getting it resolved!

IMG_8193.PNG

IMG_8196.jpg

IMG_8195.jpg

Seller's reply, after politely challenging...

IMG_8200.PNG

Here is another gullible fool who bids without doing any research.  Took less than a minute to get info on this medallion

Bids £200 on something that is 9ct and and weighs only 3.1g thinking it is a half sovereign.

Another dishonest seller that list as Half sovereign and though states further in the description as 9ct gives no weight.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285802689295

https://www.cooperscoins.com/products/1977-elizabeth-ii-silver-jubilee-19mm-9ct-gold-medal

Edited by Spyder

26 minutes ago, Spyder said:

Here is another gullible fool who bids without doing any research.  Took less than a minute to get info on this medallion

Bids £200 on something that is 9ct and and weighs only 3.1g thinking it is a half sovereign.

Another dishonest seller that list as Half sovereign and though states further in the description as 9ct gives no weight.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285802689295

https://www.cooperscoins.com/products/1977-elizabeth-ii-silver-jubilee-19mm-9ct-gold-medal

Must be some people around thinking that the images on sovereigns change drastically and look awful🤔🤔

1 hour ago, Petra said:

I have messaged him querying his re listed coin, interesting to see if he actually answers 🤔🤔😮

I messaged him when it was first listed, it’s for a single half sovereign and they are in cloud cuckoo land. They have a full listed for £4k on a bin too 🤣

• 2 weeks later...

Just now, Spyder said:

The link goes to the US site rather then the UK.  

He’s in the UK. Not sure why my eBay online opens for the US sorry. 

1 hour ago, Esjayc said:

Some other interesting prices. Appreciated they're not gold.

The prices may be high, but the chuckle they made me have was free.

image.thumb.png.c502c11ad4cf28b0e21bc4d430a610b2.png

I think that, at these prices, we should all sort through our change 😳

A coin is not only a store of value but a store of beauty.

Amor Vincit Omnia.

13 hours ago, Aldebaran said:

I think that, at these prices, we should all sort through our change 😳

Opened my wallet to have a look to see what I've got, but a load of moths flew out, followed by a claxon. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Spyder said:

Why, oh why, oh why. Are we so blind that we can not see.  Guess this bidder thinks the extra weight in plating is worth it😂

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/296400913061

@Spyder I just hate to see this, I feel so sorry for the bidder. I know that the description clearly states gold plated…….but🥲

A coin is not only a store of value but a store of beauty.

Amor Vincit Omnia.

1 minute ago, Aldebaran said:

@Spyder I just hate to see this, I feel so sorry for the bidder. I know that the description clearly states gold plated…….but🥲

I reported the listing and hopefully eBay will take action. They emailed saying they are looking into it.

On 09/04/2024 at 23:10, ccfcpaul said:

had a guy buy a couple of my 1g gold bars over the weekend. ..sent them out yesterday...his account got deleted today for dodgyness!

Ebay messaged me stating "the orders had been cancelled for my safety" haha.... how they can state that when its clearly dispatched is beyond me!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/petpete_hd5hy

Thankfully RM processed it properly so I got to keep the sales.

Theres me thinking that scammers only go for higher valued items. Although judging by the image from the tracking, I wasn't his only purchase.

Scammers address logged!!

06900b63-f038-416a-919e-849a352ffca7.jpg

Update on this, after 3 weeks of thinking it was done with, i got a message stating that hes told the bank its an "unrecognised transaction" and ebay wanted to know if I was going to give a refund now or refuse and they will either back me up or force a refund.

13 minutes ago, ccfcpaul said:

I obviously refused

This is one of the latest scams they are using now. 

I am very weary of this and for those reasons, I only sell to those with high feedback and who reply to messages before I post anything out. If I am having doubts, I will talk with an eBay agent so that it is all recorded.