• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

NGC First release label

I had a big lot of coins that I was going to submit to NGC in London last week, but due to the Royal Mint QC shenanigans I had to send six coins back (PS, I had seven coins delivered by DHL thus far, three of them had the capsule open upon delivery, everything else that did not open were screw capusles). So I couldn't do the submission.

The delimma is all the coin I sent back, when their replacement are back very soon(knock on wood) they will still be in the First Release label window by NGC. However, one coin that I orginial wanted to sent last week with the others has a first release cut off date of next tuesday. Should I pay for the 13 quid forum fee just for this one coin to get the first release label? What do you guys think, thanks!

Personally, First Release labels don't do it for me.

I'm sure others with more experience will chime in but I'm not sure if they command much of a premium over standard labels graded the same.

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

10 hours ago, TeaTime said:

In my opinion 'first release', 'early release' & 'first day of issue' are meaningless gimmicks. If they do command a premium over and above the actual grade designation then i have lost a little more faith in the world. 😕

Does anyone know if they do, I would think they really don't.... Given the fact most recent releases are sold out in minutes... it just solely depends on your luck with the RM dispatch team in terms of if you could have the first release label...

@Jeremyzed just a gimmick pal, adds zero value IMHO, the only thing I'd say is if you had  9 coins of say a QB set which were all 1st releases you would probably prefer to get the 10th coin as 1st release as well, so you would probably pay a couple of quid extra for that.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

1 minute ago, motorbikez said:

@Jeremyzed just a gimmick pal, adds zero value IMHO, the only thing I'd say is if you had  9 coins of say a QB set which were all 1st releases you would probably prefer to get the 10th coin as 1st release as well, so you would probably pay a couple of quid extra for that.

Yea, another reason why I want either all first release or none is I want the same label on all my coins to statisfy my OCD lol.