• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

jayboat

Hi, 

Was just wondering if anyone knew anything about when the next one in the series is going to be released. It feels like it been a long time since they released one and i would be disappointed if they were stop the series, especially after releasing £100 and £50 coins.

I have collected a few of each coin so far and am hoping in a few years i will have a pure  (all bought on release) royal mint date run collection. Its the only coin i buy from them as im a stacker so its normally STG are goldsilver.be for me, but i just like this coin. 

Make new friends but keep the old.

One is silver and the other gold

* * * * K   e   e   p       o   n       s   t   a   c   k   i   n   g  ....my friends****

38 minutes ago, HelpingHands said:

There is the Queen's birthday £20 for £20

http://www.royalmint.com/shop/u/uk1620qu

Other than that, I imagine they are rethinking the situation.  Many were sent back for refunds when it came to light that the face value meant nothing. 

Thanks for the reply. I just looked the royal mint site the other evening, i guess it was released yesterday. I would guess that as long as they keep selling, they will keep making them. They still have a decent resale value on the likes of ebay, but i have noticed a definite drop on the premium. 

Happy days, im off the buy 3 of these bad boys. 

* * * * K   e   e   p       o   n       s   t   a   c   k   i   n   g  ....my friends****

I have also seen a couple of the £50 selling for £50, but £50 for a 1 oz coin is not that bad.

Thats weird i never saw them Danny, i even googled searched it and everything last weekend. 

And,i do not really like the design either, it look like 2 back sides to me. I still look forward to receiveing them :)

Why? 

These came out around 6 months after i started stacking and were the first royal mint stuff i bought. I thought you couldnt lose buying a £20 silver coin for £20, of course turns out not to be the case.

So these are like a treat for me and i buy 3 of each issue. 1 each for me and the 2 kids but i hold them all, haha. I have other royal mint stuff now, but none as over priced. And as i mentioned before, i would like to date run these. So, i will keep buying them as long as they release them.

Email of the Mint confirming they are on their way this afternoon :) 

Got them, the new package makes them look cheap, like they were bought off a rack,

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, HawkHybrid said:

I'm under the impression that the £20 coins are less

likely to milk spot than the new queens beast silver?

HH

Why, are they a different alloy to .999?

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

56 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

it just feels like not many forum members have complained about

milk spots on their £20 coins?

HH

Probably because most people have bailed out.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

I can see they have released another 1 of these, im starting to get bored of them. The packaging on the last coin makes them awkward to store in my monster boxes but i have bought them from the beginning and would like a date run of something. 

What i wanted to ask was, it says this is the 3rd coins released this year in the series. I did a little research on google and it turns out some were released to members to something. I can buy them on ebay but i collect 3 of each and i dont want pay the huge premium. 

Anyone no anything about it? 

The article is dated 2013 fyi as it discusses the very first 20 pound for 20 pound coin and its chances by comparing it to previous RM coins. The 2 examples you give are certainly true in that they have gained in value. It just shows what is going on in the market right now. Maybe that is why the RM is pumping out so many of these things at the moment.

Big Ben 100 quid is just about holding

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=g Ben 2015 UK £100 Fine Silver Coin - Royal Mint&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Others are sketchy

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=g+Ben+2015+UK+£100+Fine+Silver+Coin+-+Royal+Mint&LH_Complete=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XUK+£100+Fine+Silver+Coin+-+Royal+Mint.TRS0&_nkw=UK+£100+Fine+Silver+Coin+-+Royal+Mint&_sacat=0

Archived