• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Tudor beasts

Hello TSF. 

I've just ordered 2x of the first in the series, 1oz silver proof Tudor Beasts coins from the royal mint. I'm wondering who else has managed to get their hands on one. My thoughts are to try and complete the 1oz silver proof set to keep and another one of each to either complete a second set or to trade against one I might miss. Is this a good way to do things or not? 

3 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

Hello TSF. 

I've just ordered 2x of the first in the series, 1oz silver proof Tudor Beasts coins from the royal mint. I'm wondering who else has managed to get their hands on one. My thoughts are to try and complete the 1oz silver proof set to keep and another one of each to either complete a second set or to trade against one I might miss. Is this a good way to do things or not? 

My plan will probably be to keep either the 1oz or 2oz coins to complete the set, the rest are probably going to be sold on to fund my hobby, i got the 10oz, 5oz, 2oz and 1oz and nearly missed out on the 10 but got lucky and the guy managed to get it in my basket before they all went

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

I try and buy three coins the same , Say a 1 oz Silver Proof, sell two and you get the 3rd coin Cheap or almost FREE. Rinse and repeat through the full set , you should after ten coins are released , have a cheap FULL Set of Silver Coins, Coinster !

Just now, Gordy said:

My plan will probably be to keep either the 1oz or 2oz coins to complete the set, the rest are probably going to be sold on to fund my hobby, i got the 10oz, 5oz, 2oz and 1oz and nearly missed out on the 10 but got lucky and the guy managed to get it in my basket before they all went

Lucky man. I just missed out on the 5oz and it went as I hesitated. I was too late for the 10oz

1 minute ago, GrahamDiamond said:

I try and buy three coins the same , Say a 1 oz Silver Proof, sell two and you get the 3rd coin Cheap or almost FREE. Rinse and repeat through the full set , you should after ten coins are released , have a cheap FULL Set of Silver Coins, Coinster !

exactly my reasoning and the RM is now showing all bar the 1oz no longer available

Just now, Mtaybar said:

Lucky man. I just missed out on the 5oz and it went as I hesitated. I was too late for the 10oz

I'll be putting it up for sale when its in my possession 😂 unless i get a Golum moment!!!!

2 minutes ago, GrahamDiamond said:

Smart move. I'll bear that in mind next time 😉

1 minute ago, Gordy said:

exactly my reasoning and the RM is now showing all bar the 1oz no longer available

I'll be putting it up for sale when its in my possession 😂 unless i get a Golum moment!!!!

I almost nabbed a 2oz as well 🤣 that literally got taken out of my basket!!

1 minute ago, Mtaybar said:

I almost nabbed a 2oz as well 🤣 that literally got taken out of my basket!!

they go so quick on these type of releases... 

Allowing people to Pre - Order the full ten coin set has made it easier to buy 3 coins and Flip two, no worrying about the future coins. The next coin will most likely be sold out before it gets on the RM Website, due to Pre- Orders. Great marketing idea from the Royal Mint Coinsters.

7 minutes ago, GrahamDiamond said:

Allowing people to Pre - Order the full ten coin set has made it easier to buy 3 coins and Flip two, no worrying about the future coins. The next coin will most likely be sold out before it gets on the RM Website, due to Pre- Orders. Great marketing idea from the Royal Mint Coinsters.

How do you pre order?

Just now, Mtaybar said:

How do you pre order?

go back on the site and scroll down to the 10 coin set, it says £95.00 per coin, add one into your basket and they will be posted and charged as they are released, with a 10 coin case being sent on the 2nd coin release, its only the 1oz that is still available to pre-order..

14 minutes ago, Gordy said:

go back on the site and scroll down to the 10 coin set, it says £95.00 per coin, add one into your basket and they will be posted and charged as they are released, with a 10 coin case being sent on the 2nd coin release, its only the 1oz that is still available to pre-order.

Done.... Thanks for the info Gordy. I went back to the royal mints website to order a 3rd before you responded and then came back here. Read your reply and went back and ordered the 10 coin set as well. Now I'll have 4 1oz silver proofs of the same coin 🤦🤣

1 minute ago, Mtaybar said:

Done.... Thanks for the info Gordy. I went back to the royal mints website to order a 3rd before you responded and then came back here. Read your reply and went back and ordered the 10 coin set as well. Now I'll have 4 1oz silver proofs of the same coin 🤦🤣

sell the spares....

Just now, Fishface220 said:

1E021B02-9F61-4942-A75B-2935953789F0.thumb.jpeg.3e27777cb2df48b24018ea16b6e47bae.jpegDidn’t take long for one to appear on the bay

he offered it to me for £824.00 half an hour ago... bit impatient 😂

I think all the silver proofs are sold. It says "awaiting stock" on the 1oz silver proofs but allows you to add them to your basket. Not sure what that means but I think it'll mean they're sold out and the page needs updating. 

Just got a 1 oz proof gold from Chards - my youngest daughter nabbed one but by the time my eldest went they were all gone but she managed to get one from Royal Mint.

Looks like they are going very fast. i intend to keep mine.

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

7 minutes ago, sixgun said:

Just got a 1 oz proof gold from Chards - my youngest daughter nabbed one but by the time my eldest went they were all gone but she managed to get one from Royal Mint.

Looks like they are going very fast. i intend to keep mine.

All the silver went within 30mins except the 1oz. I see the 1/4 gold's are still available but I'm going to wait for the billion version on those. 10 gold proofs is a huge commitment for me. I've been patiently waiting for the jubilee sovereign as well so I'm going for that if I can.

2 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

I see the 1/4 gold's are still available 

The 1/4 oz gold are all gone on the Royal Mint. Going going gone....

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.