• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Sovereign's

DogSoldier1973

I'm actually looking for a website with a regularly updated price guide for some of the rarer sovs. More of a nuismatic site as a opposed to to a general bullion site. Just thought it might be an idea to have a few dates to look out for that may have decent premiums, when i'm having a look at the sovs at the various money lending shops.

Try a look at Malcolm Ellis coins.  

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hatton garden have currently advertised a full sov for £182.90  which is cheaper than atkinsons, it dosent seem to say prices from , and I cant see about delivery charges , does anyone know if they are pricing a single sovereign or is there a delivery charge to add  £10 delivery will bring it up to the atkinsons price

I always keep an eye on HGM, some great ;prices there. Even the few Silver coins they have are probably the cheapest you will find for a UK seller. I have me eye on a few gold coins for next month from there, might chuck a few silver on there with them as the postage will be the same. Bought from there in the past and they are very quick into getting stuff out to you.

Sorry if this has already been answered 

What date sovereigns have more numismatic value? 

Just looking on ebay I see this half sovereign is up to £745 with 3 hours left 

I assume it must be very rare.

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

• Founder & Administrator

Sorry if this has already been answered

What date sovereigns have more numismatic value?

Just looking on ebay I see this half sovereign is up to £745 with 3 hours left

I assume it must be very rare.

I am not very educated on sovereigns. But I suspect the reason for that being such a high price is that it is graded MS65 in good condition and extremely old. I guess the older sovereigns in very good condition command high premiums. Not sure if mintages play a large part to do with sovereigns price. I suspect the key factors are age and condition.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Coin from the same seller, 1841, £16,000.. damn

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181422788984

And I thought perth mint HR gold koalas had a high premium. The people bidding for this are nuts! I can imagine myself paying double the price of gold for a proof but to pay £16k! I like the collecting side of precious metal coins, but not £16k per coin much!

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

And I thought perth mint HR gold koalas had a high premium. The people bidding for this are nuts! I can imagine myself paying double the price of gold for a proof but to pay £16k! I like the collecting side of precious metal coins, but not £16k per coin much!

Finished "Winning bid:£19,100.00" crazy, suppose it must be very collectible 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

If you care to zoom in, you will see that this coin has hundreds of scratches and dents on it.

Having said that it is a very nice coin. Not sure I would pay 19k though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1841-QUEEN-VICTORIA-GREAT-BRITAIN-GOLD-SOVEREIGN-COIN-MS61-/181422788984?nma=true&si=VlwnwZlCgd36b3V6e%252BI%252B%252FuVGQpE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Silly Victorians. They never capsulated their coins.

Or for that money you could have bought 104 Sovereigns from Atkinsons.......

I think I'd rather have the 104 sovs as opposed to just one special one.

The buyer probably already has another 103 sovs. At least I would hope so, if not it was a bit of a silly purchase.

Discounts / Offers

There were 7 bidders who bid £3800 or more.

Discounts / Offers

What the fricking hell is that thing? It's not very practical is it? It has some appeal though.

I may be wrong, but to me it seems like you can store multiple full and half sovereigns. (Or another other types of coins not sure from the photo) I assume it is spring loaded to stop them from falling out.

Discounts / Offers

Well I did say I was going to put together a collection of Victorian sovereign holders/cases. I just didn't think it would happen so soon. A day off today, so I ended up visiting a couple of antique centres, and found these two sovereign holders. Both silver plated, One has its spring mechanism missing, the other is complete. Paid £9.50 and £20 respectively. The holders will hold up to 5 sovs, and were meant to be attached to a Gentlemans watch chain. and was made more popular by Prince Albert being a fan of them.

http://24carat.co.uk/frame.php?url=sovereignpursessilver.html

post-140-0-06297100-1402341917.jpg

Those sovereign holders are pretty cool, I like those. Are you going to fill one up and flash it around at the end of your watch chain? Nice status symbol there.

Discounts / Offers

Well I did say I was going to put together a collection of Victorian sovereign holders/cases. I just didn't think it would happen so soon. A day off today, so I ended up visiting a couple of antique centres, and found these two sovereign holders. Both silver plated, One has its spring mechanism missing, the other is complete. Paid £9.50 and £20 respectively. The holders will hold up to 5 sovs, and were meant to be attached to a Gentlemans watch chain. and was made more popular by Prince Albert being a fan of them.

http://24carat.co.uk/frame.php?url=sovereignpursessilver.html

attachicon.gifIMG_20140609_201200.jpg

Did you not haggle big man?

yeah I haggled, like I always do. They were ticketed up at £12 and £24 respectively. Never ever pay the ticket price, you can always get 10% off ticket straight away, and if you keep at it you can often get another 10% off as well. , Same as with the 4 silver proof coins I bought the other day. Ticketed up at £20, £20, £18 and £24. Paid £65 for the four. (although I did offer £60 first but he wouldn't take that, I think I was pushing it a bit there, but I was more than happy with £65)

Archived