• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What Ever happened to the Creatures of the North 2 oz Silver coin series

wilspeak

In 2020 the Royal Canadian Mint came out with first in the new Creatures of the North series. It only produced 1 coin called the Kraken. The RCM hasn't  produced another coin in that series in almost 2 years. Does anyone know what happened to the Creatures of the North series?  Thank You

3 hours ago, wilspeak said:

In 2020 the Royal Canadian Mint came out with first in the new Creatures of the North series. It only produced 1 coin called the Kraken. The RCM hasn't  produced another coin in that series in almost 2 years. Does anyone know what happened to the Creatures of the North series?  Thank You

They are probably waiting for more animals to go extinct due to human behavior. And/or waiting for any cool olden myths to die from current fact checkers. 

;) 

5 hours ago, wilspeak said:

My guess would be the pandemic happened and threw a spanner into their works. Just a guess but like other mints they did shut down for a while last year and had trouble producing their normal bullion range including bars due to shortages. I can only imagine this caused them to shelve the series and they just haven't gotten back around to it yet.

Its a shame as I quite liked a number of the 2oz coins they produced around that time. I too was looking forward to what came next in the series as well as any other individual one offs they made. Perhaps it might be worth sending them an email. If they get enough interest it might spur them on.

13 hours ago, dicker said:

Hi All

Just mailed the the RCM and will let you know if I get a response on the above question!

Best

Dicker

I am going to email the mint too Thank You

14 hours ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

My guess would be the pandemic happened and threw a spanner into their works. Just a guess but like other mints they did shut down for a while last year and had trouble producing their normal bullion range including bars due to shortages. I can only imagine this caused them to shelve the series and they just haven't gotten back around to it yet.

Its a shame as I quite liked a number of the 2oz coins they produced around that time. I too was looking forward to what came next in the series as well as any other individual one offs they made. Perhaps it might be worth sending them an email. If they get enough interest it might spur them on.

I am going to email the mint too Thank You

On 07/08/2021 at 03:27, dicker said:

Still nothing either - pretty poor to be honest.  

When I have mailed the Perth Mint before with questions I got an answer within 24 hours - both times.

It seems like the Perth Mint doesn't want to answer that question about the series. I still have not heard from them either. 

20 minutes ago, ak74 said:

That was very well spotted! I'm guessing once they reach UK, they won't be $56 though....

Excellent! Thanks for sharing that link. I was keeping an eye on the Canadian Mint webpage but its not on there (oddly enough) and besides the search function on their website is pretty c**p. It's a nice looking coin but not as cool as the Kraken imo. But still a nice addition and will complete a set some day.

14 hours ago, ak74 said:

Wow Thank You....  This coin is going to Blow Up !!!  I am definitely going to get this one. I wonder why the other online dealers have not posted this coin yet. 

I am going in for this New series the "Star War Faces of the Empire Collection" by the New Zealand Mint.

• 1 month later...

Just to add I just got this mail from the RCM!

Thank you for contacting the Royal Canadian Mint.

Unfortunately, at the present time, we do not have any information on when or if this specific product will become available. We recommend you visit our website on a regular basis atwww.mint.ca to view our new releases.

For further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us at www.mint.ca/contactus or by phone at 1-800-267-1871 (Canada). Our hours of operation are 8 am to 7 pm (Monday to Friday) EST. Your interest in our products is appreciated.

320 SUSSEX DRIVE 

OTTAWA ON  K1A 0G8

Not my circus, not my monkeys

• 1 month later...
On 22/09/2021 at 04:30, dicker said:

Just to add I just got this mail from the RCM!

Thank you for contacting the Royal Canadian Mint.

Unfortunately, at the present time, we do not have any information on when or if this specific product will become available. We recommend you visit our website on a regular basis atwww.mint.ca to view our new releases.

For further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us at www.mint.ca/contactus or by phone at 1-800-267-1871 (Canada). Our hours of operation are 8 am to 7 pm (Monday to Friday) EST. Your interest in our products is appreciated.

320 SUSSEX DRIVE 

OTTAWA ON  K1A 0G8

Thank You I brought 2 of the werewolves 

• 3 weeks later...