• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hope this is the right part of the forum.

I ordered a couple of Sov's from a well known dealer, then received an email saying by ordering  these two Sov's, it will take my over the £10,000 limit for a year. 

As the title says, I have no ID. I haven't got a passport, and no driving licence (haven't been allowed to drive for 25 years). I don't think a bus pass would count.🤣

I don't think I will be going abroad anytime soon, at least until I'm fit enough, so no need for a pass port.

Best just ask for a refund, or do any of you good people have any other ideas?

In one way I think the dealer has done the right thing by sticking to the rules, but that doesn't help me.

I just knew I should of got on the train and picked some up in person, yet that would have cost more, with the train fare and beer while waiting for the return!! 

Type about this for a bit.

I don't know about any of any of the post except for the beer part. I would have a beer either waiting for the return as waiting for people to reply on your post. ;)

At least you got that part sorted then, good luck with the rest 🍻

15 minutes ago, Jvw said:

I don't know about any of any of the post except for the beer part. I would have a beer either waiting for the return as waiting for people to reply on your post. ;)

At least you got that part sorted then, good luck with the rest 🍻

Don't know what you're on about, but I'm going down the pub and drink some beer!😁

i take ID daily for my job and your bus-pass if its issued by nexus or local government needs to have I.D verified to obtain, that, provide them with proof of address such as council tax bill for the current year plus one or two utility bills issued within 3 months and explain you dont have any other photo ID. available, its to cover money laundering act, proceeds of crime act and funding of terrorism act... failing that!! use a different dealer... Lawrence Chard may be able to verify what you need too..

Edited by Gordy

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

3 hours ago, tallthinkev said:

Was thinking about that, yet as far as I can find out it's not a 'legal document'

Is that what the dealer has asked for? I saw on ATS that they say these are the options below they accept. Have you asked the dealer what they are happy with?

Proof of ID and then Address. 

Passport Full UK Driving Licence

UK Residency Card

"Bank Statement (within the last 6 months) Utility Bill (within the last 6 months) Council Tax Statement

Full UK Driving Licence (but only if not used as photo ID)"

Edited by SilverDrum

78av.gif

28 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

Is that what the dealer has asked for? I saw on ATS that they say these are the options below they accept. Have you asked the dealer what they are happy with?

Proof of ID and then Address. 

Passport Full UK Driving Licence

UK Residency Card

"Bank Statement (within the last 6 months) Utility Bill (within the last 6 months) Council Tax Statement

Full UK Driving Licence (but only if not used as photo ID)"

Bank statement, no, all on line. Bill no, all cash, as in money in the meter. Council tax, yes.

As for asking the dealer, they don't open until Monday. Never had a real problem with them and sure they can sort it out

Sure they will be able to make sense of it. Hope its easy peasy for you!

Make a day of it next time as you say, a pint and picking up some sovs it is! I have been thinking myself it would be more fun to actually go and buy in person. 

78av.gif

9 hours ago, Gordy said:

i take ID daily for my job and your bus-pass if its issued by nexus or local government needs to have I.D verified to obtain, that, provide them with proof of address such as council tax bill for the current year plus one or two utility bills issued within 3 months and explain you dont have any other photo ID. available, its to cover money laundering act, proceeds of crime act and funding of terrorism act... failing that!! use a different dealer... Lawrence Chard may be able to verify what you need too..

Don't forget to tag people in using @(username) to get their attention, for example @Gordy.

Acceptable Forms of ID

One from each list may be required. For more information, visit HMRC.

Proof of name Proof of address
Current signed passport Utility bill (gas, electric, satellite television, landline phone bill) issued within the last three months
Original birth certificate (UK birth certificate issued within 12 months of the date of birth in full form including those issued by UK authorities overseas such as Embassies High Commissions and HM Forces) Local authority council tax bill for the current council tax year
EEA member state identity card (which can also be used as evidence of address if it carries this) Current UK driving licence (but only if not used for the name evidence)
Current UK or EEA photocard driving licence Bank, Building Society or Credit Union statement or passbook dated within the last three months
Full old-style driving licence Original mortgage statement from a recognised lender issued for the last full year
Photographic registration cards for self-employed individuals in the construction industry -CIS4 Solicitors letter within the last three months confirming recent house purchase or land registry confirmation of address
Benefit book or original notification letter from Benefits Agency Council or housing association rent card or tenancy agreement for the current year
Firearms or shotgun certificate Benefit book or original notification letter from Benefits Agency (but not if used as proof of name)
Residence permit issued by the Home Office to EEA nationals on sight of own country passport HMRC self-assessment letters or tax demand dated within the current financial year
National identity card bearing a photograph of the applicant Electoral Register entry
  NHS Medical card or letter of confirmation from GP’s practice of registration with the surgery

But having a beer and waiting until Monday sounds like a good idea! 🙂

Chards

3 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Don't forget to tag people in using @(username) to get their attention, for example @Gordy.

Acceptable Forms of ID

One from each list may be required. For more information, visit HMRC.

Proof of name Proof of address
Current signed passport Utility bill (gas, electric, satellite television, landline phone bill) issued within the last three months
Original birth certificate (UK birth certificate issued within 12 months of the date of birth in full form including those issued by UK authorities overseas such as Embassies High Commissions and HM Forces) Local authority council tax bill for the current council tax year
EEA member state identity card (which can also be used as evidence of address if it carries this) Current UK driving licence (but only if not used for the name evidence)
Current UK or EEA photocard driving licence Bank, Building Society or Credit Union statement or passbook dated within the last three months
Full old-style driving licence Original mortgage statement from a recognised lender issued for the last full year
Photographic registration cards for self-employed individuals in the construction industry -CIS4 Solicitors letter within the last three months confirming recent house purchase or land registry confirmation of address
Benefit book or original notification letter from Benefits Agency Council or housing association rent card or tenancy agreement for the current year
Firearms or shotgun certificate Benefit book or original notification letter from Benefits Agency (but not if used as proof of name)
Residence permit issued by the Home Office to EEA nationals on sight of own country passport HMRC self-assessment letters or tax demand dated within the current financial year
National identity card bearing a photograph of the applicant Electoral Register entry
  NHS Medical card or letter of confirmation from GP’s practice of registration with the surgery

But having a beer and waiting until Monday sounds like a good idea! 🙂

not used to tagging Lawrence ... 😂

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

Called them this morning, sent photos of what little ID I have, including an old passport, haven't heard back. I did ask about returning my money, yet they said it would incur a  cancellation fee. I can understand a company saying a fee might be incurred if they have to do work and then you change your mind, however in this case it's not won't it's can't

5 minutes ago, tallthinkev said:

Called them this morning, sent photos of what little ID I have, including an old passport, haven't heard back. I did ask about returning my money, yet they said it would incur a  cancellation fee. I can understand a company saying a fee might be incurred if they have to do work and then you change your mind, however in this case it's not won't it's can't

Yes that's taking the Michael imo, can't charge you a fee based on a transaction that hasn't actually happened IE goods not delivered! You should be charging them interest on your cash more like. 

Cookies & terms of service

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies and to our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use