• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Coin Cabinet - Auction #41 - discussion - 541 lots !

On 22/07/2021 at 09:56, badar said:

I have noticed one thing (uncomfirmed as it was only on one bid), usually if you pre-bid £350 and someone else bids 350, you will be the winning bid.

You normally find both bids will be accepted, however whoever placed the bid first will be the winner, that includes book bids, phone bids,and live bids.

So a book bid left two weeks ago will take first priority, from an online bid left the previous day.  

1 hour ago, Wampum said:

You normally find both bids will be accepted, however whoever placed the bid first will be the winner, that includes book bids, phone bids,and live bids.

So a book bid left two weeks ago will take first priority, from an online bid left the previous day.  

Thanks for the detailed explanation. 

1 minute ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Good luck to all those bidding and selling tomorrow. 

You too, hope you get all the coins you're interested in. 

3 hours ago, Foster88 said:

@AndrewSL76 there’s one sovereign I’ve got my eye on.

Oddly I bid on two others last week that I’m glad I was outbid on now.

Odd, I know. 😬 But auctions with pre bidding so far ahead makes the sovereign collector, like myself, a bit trigger happy.

That is not odd at all. I know a few people who are bidding today who have not started yet. People who just want to bid live.

Good luck on that one item!! We are not in competition as there are no sovereigns for me this time...just the commemorative stuff!

16 minutes ago, Leonmarsh said:

Heavy bidding at the auction coins went for good. Money too rich for my blood 

Lastnauctuion picked up a high Ms grade prusia 20 for 330 quid knocking on the door of 470 this auction madness 

Depending on what you were looking for it was not too bad. I got one coin for a lot less that I thought it would sell for. Pretty happy. Also, four of my coins sold - three for profit and one at loss - overall I am up by a tidy amount. Happy.

17 minutes ago, Leonmarsh said:

Heavy bidding at the auction coins went for good. Money too rich for my blood 

Lastnauctuion picked up a high Ms grade prusia 20 for 330 quid knocking on the door of 470 this auction madness 

Yeah prices went too high for me too. Got a Vicky sovereign and lost out on a Napoleon III 10 franc by a fiver, went away for 3 mins and the lot passed by. Still kicking myself for it. 

4 minutes ago, badar said:

Yeah prices went too high for me too. Got a Vicky sovereign and lost out on a Napoleon III 10 franc by a fiver, went away for 3 mins and the lot passed by. Still kicking myself for it. 

Look at it like this - it went for £5 more than you bid, but had you placed more bids, so might the other person. You could have saved yourself a bit of money. Yes, it is annoying that the other person got the coin at a good price, but there will be more. 

11 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Look at it like this - it went for £5 more than you bid, but had you placed more bids, so might the other person. You could have saved yourself a bit of money. Yes, it is annoying that the other person got the coin at a good price, but there will be more. 

Nice way to look at things. Always a next time. ☺️

42 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Depending on what you were looking for it was not too bad. I got one coin for a lot less that I thought it would sell for. Pretty happy. Also, four of my coins sold - three for profit and one at loss - overall I am up by a tidy amount. Happy.

It was my eagle that caused you a loss 😞 sorry, I don’t see why as I sold that coin raw for £130 2days ago, it should of got to £160, wrong punters I guess at least your up over all which is what matters 👍 I didn’t get anything what I wanted 🤣

Yes! That was one of the four I was selling! The others pulled their weight...phew...!!

Anyway, someone got a bargain. Happy for them!

I was able to get a coin today for a good amount less that I was ready to go to, so it’s pretty good to be honest. Swings and roundabouts as they say!!

15 minutes ago, Shinus73 said:

I got an NGC MS64 1918 India Sovereign for £20 less than my maximum bid, which is always a bonus.

Congrats, It was a gorgeous coin. It was in my watch list but forgot to bid on it haha.