• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

:(  where are the pictures guys 

If you are referring to me Kman it will be at least 2 weeks before my coins get here :) ,I nearly always post pics when I receive coins.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

If you are referring to me Kman it will be at least 2 weeks before my coins get here :) ,I nearly always post pics when I receive coins.

Oh, my bad for some reason I thought this was the received thread, doh! 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

I really shouldn't be allowed on ebay...

My favourite coins of all time are the UK's bi-metal £2 coins. I love getting them in my change, (or our tills) and seeing what ones they are. So I've been contemplating getting the silver proofs, because 1. They look like the average circulated coin, but 2. they have a wad of silver inside them with a touch of gold plate.

With the Royal mint chucking them out when new at £50 for the ordinary Silver Proof and £100 for the Piedfort, I figured if I can get the Silver Proofs for about £15 and the Piedforts for £30, (delivered prices) I'd be doing ok. And looking at the sold ones on Ebay, that looks to be about right.

So with that in mind I chucked in a cheeky bid of £25 (they wanted £30), for a 1994 SILVER PROOF PIEDFORT £2 TERCENTENARY OF THE BANK OF ENGLAND. 

Not really expecting to win, but what do you know, sometimes it works. So including £3.20 delivery, I got it for £28.20. Have decided these coins will not be part of my stack, and I will be setting up a new spreadsheet for my "proofs".

Ok, so it's taken me 8 months to swallowed up by the darkside known as "collecting", but I'm surprised I lasted that long...... :);)

(yes I know it's not officially one of the regular £2 coins), but it's still part of the set) :)

$_57.JPG

Edited by Highland Tiger

errrrrrrr. Ebay bad website....

Now bought in total today

GB 1993 £1 Piedfort Royal Arms Silver Proof
GB 1995 £2 Piedfort End of Second World War Silver Proof
GB 1994 £2 Piedfort Bank of England Silver Proof
GB 1998 £2 Piedfort Standing on Shoulders of Giants Silver Proof 
GB 1998 £2 Piedfort Standing on Shoulders of Giants Silver Proof.

All bought from between £22 and £30 each 

If I buy both the proofs and the piedforts for the £1's and £2's that will be around 110 coins, That will be a nice challenge over the next 5 or 6 years to collect, 

If I buy both the proofs and the piedforts for the £1's and £2's that will be around 110 coins, That will be a nice challenge over the next 5 or 6 years to collect, 

HT listen to yourself what has happend to you you are a col, a co, colle.

I just can't say it let alone type it.

No seriously good luck in you venture with the collection.

HT listen to yourself what has happend to you you are a col, a co, colle.

I just can't say it let alone type it.

No seriously good luck in you venture with the collection.

LOL, the good thing is, that it won't really affect my stacking, money wise. I reckon this collection should cost me about £3k. Over 5 or 6 years that will cost about a tenner a week. Not much really in the scheme of things. I get bored just buying bullion every month or so. Tracking bargains on ebay whiles away the hours, (there is only so much Angry Birds and Farm Heros Saga a man can stand) Buying bullion on ebay is a no no, way too dear, but the odd proof here and there can be found at decent prices. 

:D

I am taking a short break from stacking as I am looking to buy another property.

So all my hard earned cash is going elsewhere for the time being.

That said I am still open to buying the odd gold and silver bargain here and there.

I am taking a short break from stacking as I am looking to buy another property.

So all my hard earned cash is going elsewhere for the time being.

That said I am still open to buying the odd gold and silver bargain here and there.

I'm looking forward to your next today I bought.......................... ;) 

Balmoral_Castle.jpgsmiley-sold.gif

Aaggh , that's all I need , more competition!

I've been buying a few of these as well, i really like them. Got the bank of england silver proof a few weeks ago for about £14 delivered. I'm just going for normal proofs and silver proofs at the moment though , I'll leave the piedforts to you

I bought a couple of Piedfort £1 coins a 10p and a 5p a year or so ago and I think they are lovely coins especially the £1 Piedforts I could easily start collecting the £1 Piedforts but I have enough collections on the go at the moment without starting another one :)

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

I Think It may have been dipped at some point in its life, At one point this was apparently standard practice in the collector world. coins of these age should have tarnish so any clean one has probably been dipped. , But I think in this case its a good buy , It looks slightly pitted but a perfect one is £150/200, also might be a matte proof..Really need to learn how to tell if it is or isn't a proof lol. 

So much for my bullion only plan :P

I really shouldn't be allowed on ebay...

My favourite coins of all time are the UK's bi-metal £2 coins. I love getting them in my change, (or our tills) and seeing what ones they are. So I've been contemplating getting the silver proofs, because 1. They look like the average circulated coin, but 2. they have a wad of silver inside them with a touch of gold plate.

With the Royal mint chucking them out when new at £50 for the ordinary Silver Proof and £100 for the Piedfort, I figured if I can get the Silver Proofs for about £15 and the Piedforts for £30, (delivered prices) I'd be doing ok. And looking at the sold ones on Ebay, that looks to be about right.

So with that in mind I chucked in a cheeky bid of £25 (they wanted £30), for a 1994 SILVER PROOF PIEDFORT £2 TERCENTENARY OF THE BANK OF ENGLAND. 

Not really expecting to win, but what do you know, sometimes it works. So including £3.20 delivery, I got it for £28.20. Have decided these coins will not be part of my stack, and I will be setting up a new spreadsheet for my "proofs".

Ok, so it's taken me 8 months to swallowed up by the darkside known as "collecting", but I'm surprised I lasted that long...... :);)

(yes I know it's not officially one of the regular £2 coins), but it's still part of the set) :)

$_57.JPG

won one on ebay tonight £26.77 delivered,looking forward to receiving it.

At the risk of sounding terribly pedantic, how can you say that these coins won't be part of your stack?

That doesn't make sense. If you buy a silver or gold coin it automatically by default becomes part of your stack, does it not?

At the risk of sounding terribly pedantic, how can you say that these coins won't be part of your stack?

That doesn't make sense. If you buy a silver or gold coin it automatically by default becomes part of your stack, does it not?

It's just people trying to be disingenuous with their £/oz cost [emoji1]

Ooh I bought an expensive 1/2oz coin, I'm not putting that in my cost average.

Ha ha

Stacker since 2013

f you buy a silver or gold coin it automatically by default becomes part of your stack, does it not?

I can understand the thinking

I got 2 silver pandas recently and a 2008 proof Britannia

I didn't buy them to stack or sell in the future, I just like the designs, they were a little luxury that just so happened to be a precious metal. 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation