• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

royal mint in press , not good PR?

Augustus1

Yes I saw this one, I think there was another thread. 

I lost some sympathy when it said "I ordered a monster box of gold Brits" 🤣 

I'd have been collecting if I was buying that and also called up rather than just done through website! 

Interesting about the refusal to cancel the order he shouldn't have been able to make and the spot price change. I thought there might have been some leeway given it was an error and they had no stock. Although you could say he only wanted to cancel after the price drop, if cynical.

The rest of it was people complaining about three graces from what I could gather.

This article gives the impression that the customer is annoyed that his box of gold Brits would have been a few grand cheaper had he ordered on the day his order arrived.
He moaned about the late delivery but let's be real - he locked in the price at the point of purchase.
Had gold risen by 5% would he be wanting to give back his profit - no !!
Unfortunately a lesson for all investors in PMs there is no guarantee that your investment will increase in value.

Sounds to me like he jumped into bullion thinking that it would be an instant money maker without appreciating the fact that prices go down as well as up.  I raised my eyebrows a bit when he said: "I have absolutely no interest in gold as a possession".  I can't understand why you'd get into stacking if you don't care much about the metals themselves.  Collecting bullion is an extremely long term investment with absolutely no guarantees of profit. If you don't love these coins for their beauty, and if you don't enjoy collecting as a hobby, then what's the point?

3 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

I don't know what he's moaning about. They have offered to refund if he sends them back. I've never heard of that before with bullion.

Don't you get a 14 day cooling off period for anything you buy online?

6 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

Don't you get a 14 day cooling off period for anything you buy online?

Doesn't apply to Bullion AFAIK due to the price fluctuations. You can be sure it was disclaimered as he was buying it...

On 22/03/2021 at 10:44, Augustus1 said:

dont know if anybody saw this, they did not come out looking too well?

nice to buy £100 K plus in coins !

dean.m

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/investing/article-9380315/Royal-Mint-customers-charged-thousands-stock-gold-bars-coins.html

I posted 

on Friday.

Chards

Archived