• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

if this sky rockets what should we do? Wait for more or hold out for the best

RACKTHESTACK

38 minutes ago, RACKTHESTACK said:

What are you going to sell at no pressure just wondering ? 

I have a range. X most likely sell and Y will sell. I won't be selling everything, just my lower scale/normal bullion. These will be the prices dealers will buy, not what I could get here or selling online. If you have 25 oz's plus I don't think it worth an extra £2-3 once you take in your time to list and post off.

13 hours ago, tallthinkev said:

I have a range. X most likely sell and Y will sell. I won't be selling everything, just my lower scale/normal bullion. These will be the prices dealers will buy, not what I could get here or selling online. If you have 25 oz's plus I don't think it worth an extra £2-3 once you take in your time to list and post off.

That sounds like a great idea. I was thinking about possibly selling all my junk silver to a dealer and then selling my bullion online. That does make sense though with the 2 to 3 dollar difference plus what if it doesn't sell also. Then you miss your gap 

it does not have to sky rocket for me , I would like to get out of my silver but will only do so at a profit on my purchase prices ( various )other than that I will sit on it and it will get passed on in the family .

dean.m

I’m buying for the long term, either retirement, paying for kid’s university or maybe deposit on a first home, or inheritance. I won’t be selling regardless.

Leaves me with mixed feelings about the price in the short term - I’m new to this and seeing it rise is exciting, and feels like a vindication of my choice to start stacking... but also of course it means I can acquire less ounces per pay check!

2 hours ago, Augustus1 said:

it does not have to sky rocket for me , I would like to get out of my silver but will only do so at a profit on my purchase prices ( various )other than that I will sit on it and it will get passed on in the family .

dean.m

Makes sense :) give your family a boost for the future. 

1 hour ago, Pohaku said:

I’m buying for the long term, either retirement, paying for kid’s university or maybe deposit on a first home, or inheritance. I won’t be selling regardless.

Leaves me with mixed feelings about the price in the short term - I’m new to this and seeing it rise is exciting, and feels like a vindication of my choice to start stacking... but also of course it means I can acquire less ounces per pay check!

Ive been saving little by little for a long time hoping that maybe someday I'll have enough for a down payment on a new house. Its going to be very hard to let it all go if there's to good of an offer as well. 

Look what happened in Weimar Germany . Silver was 12 deutsche marks in Jan 1919, 90 dm in 1920, over 1000dm Nov 1922, over 10000 by Jan 1923 and trillions  by Nov 1923.

I think its better to hold silver in a crisis and wait for some stability to return before selling.

1 hour ago, Silverscrooge said:

Look what happened in Weimar Germany . Silver was 12 deutsche marks in Jan 1919, 90 dm in 1920, over 1000dm Nov 1922, over 10000 by Jan 1923 and trillions  by Nov 1923.

I think its better to hold silver in a crisis and wait for some stability to return before selling.

Yea, that's insane that happened. Anything is possible. Silver is still going up to, I've been watching for a dip. I wish I could buy more and more haha but I need some more cash flow first lol

1 hour ago, Bennyblanco187 said:

I'm waiting for premiums to go down to buy silver.

Why is gold being delivered but silver isn't being delivered?? 

I have no idea I've heard many myths of companys just holding incase it shoots the moon. Who knows though it could just be a lack of supply to. 

16 hours ago, RACKTHESTACK said:

I have no idea I've heard many myths of companys just holding incase it shoots the moon. Who knows though it could just be a lack of supply to. 

OK my strategy is this...

I have bought bags of junk silver here in the UK pre 1947 which is 0.5% silver coins (These are a keep for a currency crisis hyperinflation scenario)

I have bought loads of bullion coins/rounds which are for buying and selling in tranches and my yardstick is the gold to silver ratio.  The ratio is 100:1 approx now so I am buying like crazy but when it goes to 60:1 I shall be selling some and banking profits.  Aim here will be to buy gold and trade one against the other

I have bought bars to average down my price per ounce and keep for a more long term nvestment

Hope this helps you devise a strategy but my opinion on buy all sell all is that it is risky, no one ever calls the bottom and top of markets unless they are lucky

7 hours ago, Russell said:

OK my strategy is this...

I have bought bags of junk silver here in the UK pre 1947 which is 0.5% silver coins (These are a keep for a currency crisis hyperinflation scenario)

I have bought loads of bullion coins/rounds which are for buying and selling in tranches and my yardstick is the gold to silver ratio.  The ratio is 100:1 approx now so I am buying like crazy but when it goes to 60:1 I shall be selling some and banking profits.  Aim here will be to buy gold and trade one against the other

I have bought bars to average down my price per ounce and keep for a more long term nvestment

Hope this helps you devise a strategy but my opinion on buy all sell all is that it is risky, no one ever calls the bottom and top of markets unless they are lucky

So your wanting to sell your some of your silver and jump trains onto gold? 

5 hours ago, RACKTHESTACK said:

So your wanting to sell your some of your silver and jump trains onto gold? 

If gold seems good value and silver seems expensive yes and then back again.  It is a good way of building your stack. 

35 minutes ago, Russell said:

If gold seems good value and silver seems expensive yes and then back again.  It is a good way of building your stack. 

I really like the sound of that. Thats a really cool idea 💡  :)

On 18/05/2020 at 05:36, RACKTHESTACK said:

what do we do? Does anyone feel like we should sell? Or do you feel like we need to hold on for the worst? 

No selling.  Hold on for SHTFS.  Whether that is my personal (accidentally on purpose caused by some 💩 ) SHTFS or global melt down.

14 hours ago, RACKTHESTACK said:

it is playing the gsr when you trade back and forth from gold to silver.

works great in theory, in practice the cycles can be 10+ years per trade.

HH

If Silver spot goes between $25-$30, I'll probably sell some.  Not all because I do want some silver hedge for SHTF.  Any profits would be put into gold or maybe a little platinum, assuming that doesn't jump up with silver.

19 hours ago, RACKTHESTACK said:

Not my idea it is an old method and not only used between gold and silver but all assett classes watch Mike Maloneys videos on youtube you will learn a lot this method is in his video on wealth cycles

So in this current situation Mike Malony Harry Dent Peter Schiff and all the rest of the Puerto Rico tax exiles lol are investing in Silver in a big way as well as gold and crypto currencies and they plan to buy real estate when this money printing fiasco crashes the housing market.  So they will sell everything near its height and buy land 🙂

42 minutes ago, Russell said:

So in this current situation Mike Malony Harry Dent Peter Schiff and all the rest of the Puerto Rico tax exiles lol are investing in Silver in a big way as well as gold and crypto currencies and they plan to buy real estate when this money printing fiasco crashes the housing market.  So they will sell everything near its height and buy land 🙂

This is my strategy as well. I've studied the numbers and Mike Malony is spot on.

17 hours ago, nanovation said:

This is my strategy as well. I've studied the numbers and Mike Malony is spot on.

Yes I believe he is right and Peter schiff has been right all along.  As they say you can make money out of the stupidity of government fiscal policies if you educate yourself and recognise the opportunities when they come along.  ALL of them say Silver is unbelievably cheap now and Peter Schiff and Mike Malony who both run gold/silver funds say that they are buying silver at these silly prices.

24 minutes ago, Russell said:

Yes I believe he is right and Peter schiff has been right all along.  As they say you can make money out of the stupidity of government fiscal policies if you educate yourself and recognise the opportunities when they come along.  ALL of them say Silver is unbelievably cheap now and Peter Schiff and Mike Malony who both run gold/silver funds say that they are buying silver at these silly prices.

so after all these years of recommending diversifying a portfolio with

some gold, is peter schiff recommending to stack gold and silver now?

HH

Archived