• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GSBE has 10oz Yale in

ChrisF

Except they're not really that cheap thanks to boosted premiums. Price is almost exactly the same as what I paid for other 10oz coins in the series when the spot price was 13% higher. Still a reasonable buy but you would hope the price would actually be up to 13% lower today.

Thanks for your post.
Just ordered to continue my set.
Wow in 2, 5 and 10 oz silver there's little remaining in stock.
Must be a good time to buy folks !!

7 hours ago, FoolzGold said:

Except they're not really that cheap thanks to boosted premiums. Price is almost exactly the same as what I paid for other 10oz coins in the series when the spot price was 13% higher. Still a reasonable buy but you would hope the price would actually be up to 13% lower today.

You cannot expect dealers to sell at a loss. They did not get this stock with spot price what it's at now.

1 minute ago, ChrisF said:

European mint seem a lot cheaper than GSBE lately but the shipping costs form European mint are shocking compared to GSBE.

Thats the real problem with Eu mint. They dont make it easy to buy from them at all. I'd rather pay a little more in item cost to have an easy checkout procedure.

Each to their own - it's not very complicated to check out with the EU mint.

Shipping is more, yes but overall the cost is significantly less.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

1 minute ago, BackyardBullion said:

Each to their own - it's not very complicated to check out with the EU mint.

Shipping is more, yes but overall the cost is significantly less.

The site is very much unpolished compared to GSBE and Im sure it will be costing them business BYB.  To not have sort functions such as most recent and order by is unforgivable on a modern website nowerdays.  Its poorly designed and just not really user friendly in general.  Stackernoob is correct I think.  I looked at ordering about 100oz just out of curiosity and the shipping was going to be about 70 euro compared to around 30 with GSBE.  Any cash you save on buying cheaper is swallowed by delivery.  Just saying if European mint wants more business put some effort into making things look and feel smooth for people and try and compete on delivery.  Just my thoughts as a consumer.  

6 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Fair enough - I will pass over the feedback to the EU mint.

Please do, I'd love to use them I really would, but I'm a lazy sod at times and if any ordering procedure (including shipping, I think long term they need to properly sort this out) is too clunky I just give up!

1 minute ago, StackerNoob said:

Please do, I'd love to use them I really would, but I'm a lazy sod at times and if any ordering procedure (including shipping, I think long term they need to properly sort this out) is too clunky I just give up!

See, one of the issues is that it has to be this way for the 0% VAT rules.

I agree that they could streamline and tidy things up a bit though.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

37 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

The site is very much unpolished compared to GSBE and Im sure it will be costing them business BYB.  To not have sort functions such as most recent and order by is unforgivable on a modern website nowerdays.  Its poorly designed and just not really user friendly in general.  Stackernoob is correct I think.  I looked at ordering about 100oz just out of curiosity and the shipping was going to be about 70 euro compared to around 30 with GSBE.  Any cash you save on buying cheaper is swallowed by delivery.  Just saying if European mint wants more business put some effort into making things look and feel smooth for people and try and compete on delivery.  Just my thoughts as a consumer.  

It's not super user friendly, so what. Making it so costs money. Maybe that's part of the reason why they are cheaper. You can't have the best prices and the best user friendliness at the same time. I'm not willing to pay more for silver for a better website. F... that

35 minutes ago, silenceissilver said:

It's not super user friendly, so what. Making it so costs money. Maybe that's part of the reason why they are cheaper. You can't have the best prices and the best user friendliness at the same time. I'm not willing to pay more for silver for a better website. F... that

I dont think it would cost all that much to streamline a few bits here and there. And to be honest most of my gripe is with the payment and delivery process. That what I'd want fixed. As BYB says its this way for a reason but I still feel there are a few fixes they could implement that would make it far easier to buy from them. But this is their model, its obviously works for them so they have no reason to listen to me, I'm just voicing an opinion that I know is not uncommon among members. A little investment now would pay dividends quite quickly, I believe.

Silver 10oz Yales now sold out at European Mint. QB 10oz falcons too, for what it's worth.

I do find their site pretty basic. At least at a minimum it would be nice to be able to filter the selection of coins shown in each category - for example by weight. Still, the selection is not enormous so it's always possible to scroll through it by price and eventually find what you're looking for.

8 hours ago, StackerNoob said:

I dont think it would cost all that much to streamline a few bits here and there. And to be honest most of my gripe is with the payment and delivery process. That what I'd want fixed. As BYB says its this way for a reason but I still feel there are a few fixes they could implement that would make it far easier to buy from them. But this is their model, its obviously works for them so they have no reason to listen to me, I'm just voicing an opinion that I know is not uncommon among members. A little investment now would pay dividends quite quickly, I believe.

I don't think you are right it's just little costs. Because it all adds up. There was a thread  where someone was unhappy with a received coin (it really was in a bad condition) and surely someone thinks the customer service could be better. I'm sure there are umpteen little things that could be improved. Many a little makes a mickle. I prefer the cheap silver-Aldi over the customer service silver-Waitrose. You get what you pay for and when it comes to savings, cheaper is simply better. For me anyway, tastes are different, of course.

3 hours ago, silenceissilver said:

I don't think you are right it's just little costs. Because it all adds up. There was a thread  where someone was unhappy with a received coin (it really was in a bad condition) and surely someone thinks the customer service could be better. I'm sure there are umpteen little things that could be improved. Many a little makes a mickle. I prefer the cheap silver-Aldi over the customer service silver-Waitrose. You get what you pay for and when it comes to savings, cheaper is simply better. For me anyway, tastes are different, of course.

Just been to Aldi website, can confirm they have managed to include filters and keep costs down 😄

image.thumb.png.387c1d7d29c6daa2af81cf494ddffbbb.png==

Archived