• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 Britannia Design

Shinus73

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for the design of the waves, don’t even get me started as a 20 year surfer. That is a river flowing up against a rock or sand bar....please go research what an actual wave looks like in the ocean for god’s sake !

28 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

I don't know what people see in the reverse proof concept, they just look like Perth mints standard bullion coins to me

Also, some of the sets from previous years can still be had on Apmex for less than $200.

6 minutes ago, Oldun said:

This is simply The RM kneejerking low mintage figures success  from the Una series. Nothing more, nothing less. It is still a bad design. Don’t get sucked in.

I would say it's a top 5 Britannia design for me, if not top 3

I don't like many Brtiannia designs so that's not super glowing praise but still

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

2 minutes ago, Kman said:

I would say it's a top 5 Britannia design for me, if not top 3

I don't like many Brtiannia designs so that's not super glowing praise but still

That is a huuuuuge call. Can’t get behind it myself but beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that :)

11 minutes ago, Madstacks said:

I think with the flag design it makes a good brexit coin substitute. 

Nailed it. That is the ONLY pump and dump poor design bit that works re this year’s redeeming “suck em in”factor. That flag  and the placement of the numbers 2020, as I mentioned I liked earlier is the best bit in a shoddy effort generally, regardless of mintage.

41 minutes ago, Oldun said:

By those that are new to the game as a result of recent publicity re Brexit 50p and The Una or are just taking a wild punt.

These will not hold their value in silver. Not a chance, at least not in my lifetime.

Depends... I don't foresee the price of silver to remain as cheap as it is now for decades...it might increase substantially and then all these coins will be in profit. But aside from that, whilst I have broadly agreed with you in general, I have recently noticed a change in attitude towards Royal Mint silver proofs. Maybe that is only temporary and also due to Brexit, only time will tell. 

49 minutes ago, Madstacks said:

Should have said short term, agree there - but id be very surprised if these dont do well on the secondary market.

The Royal Mint is playing the mintages game well. Make a release exclusive enough, and it will attract a certain amount of support from some quarters. These low mintages are not really sustainable I think, RM will need to find the sweet spot. If we get more interest in British proof coins from only a fraction of hardcore collectors (and dealers) in America and now also increasingly China, these low mintages will be rapidly oversubscribed and the coins become sought after. This may be the RM strategy..

Archived