• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What's your lucky COA number?

ChrisSilver

• Founder & Administrator

Check out this vid..

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Nice to see, he comes across as a genuine enthusiast and he really appreciates what he has there.

He has an awesome collection. Very similar to Motorbikz' collection.

I really enjoy watching his videos, he has some really nice pieces. I am going to start slowly collecting the proof kooks etc, I like the older Perth Mint coins, I believe they will hold their value well. If silver drifts sideways for a long time, then numismatics may turn out to be a better investment than bullion. Plus its a nice feeling to have a more rare coin.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Is his valuation of 5k + accurate?

Seems crazy, but I wouldn't be surprised if some crazy collector is willing to pay ridiculous numbers. It sounds quite ambitious, but he buys and sells kookaburra proofs so he probably has a good knowledge of what sort of value he could get, as he stated in the video he probably knows some guys who would pay that.

But you don't really know what it's worth until you sell it to a buyer.

If I got those cert numbers I would definitely sell them, and buy more kooks. Seems ridiculous to me that some collectors would pay that sort of money for a COA like that. But each to their own.

Discounts / Offers

Anyone else find him irritating?

No. I find him very passionate about the coins he likes to collect. Not irritating at all.

Perhaps you just don't like the sound of Americans. [emoji38]

Discounts / Offers

He is passionate but very optimistic re value a low cert number makes to a coins value.Personally I wouldn't pay more than £25 over the coin price for the no 1 and nothing extra for the no 2,I have a few coins with mintages in the thousands that have cert nos below 10 but I paid nothing extra for them.

It may be different in the US I don't know.

My take on certs as a collector is they add a bit to the overall package nice box, case,cert.But if I was offered a coin I had been looking for a long time to complete a set I wouldn't be bothered if it had a cert or not,I'd just be happy to get the coin I was after.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Can't see it myself. Total bullshit. if anyone is prepared to pay over the odds for a randomly issued coa number, they are insane. Some people must have more money then sense. It might be different if the number one coa indicated the very first coin struck in that run then maybe, but these things will be randomly matched in some factory-like area.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

No. I find him very passionate about the coins he likes to collect. Not irritating at all.

Perhaps you just don't like the sound of Americans. [emoji38]

I see he didn't answer your question. I think your question was, as sovereignsteve alluded to, were they the first two coins off the press?

If you watch the video again ,he states that he has not opened them yet,but say's" you will understand why i am shaking" which means he has opened them and knows the coa numbers, so a good bit of acting really.

You could be right but be could also have known the cert numbers from the dealer or person he bought them from.

I see he didn't answer your question. I think your question was, as sovereignsteve alluded to, were they the first two coins off the press?

Yes that was my question, but give him a chance, I am sure he will answer.

Discounts / Offers

If you watch the video again ,he states that he has not opened them yet,but say's" you will understand why i am shaking" which means he has opened them and knows the coa numbers, so a good bit of acting really. 

It is quite possible he did not open the box as most boxed coins that come from Perth Mint Australia have a bar code on the outer box,which has a number at the bottom which just happens to match the cert no. See below.So he may not have categorically known the cert number until he opened the box.I've just looked the box from my Berlin mint kook and it has no barcode sticker,but mine came from Germany.

post-3-0-40397000-1425719378_thumb.jpg

I have Coa 500 with the Berlin kook perhaps round numbers make it a little more saleable,never under estimate what a compulsive collector might pay but I guess it's a bit like the first strike designation on slabs.Personally I like the guy he has helped out a lot of people in the YT silver community along a prosperous path

I have Coa 500 with the Berlin kook perhaps round numbers make it a little more saleable,never under estimate what a compulsive collector might pay but I guess it's a bit like the first strike designation on slabs.Personally I like the guy he has helped out a lot of people in the YT silver community along a prosperous path

The cert No on my Berlin Kook is 310 I'm going to try and sell it to the Perth mint their address is 310 Hay Street LOL

I am hoping for 666 ))) I think his enthusiasm is to be applauded but at the same time I do not believe he is right about the valuation of these low certificates.

I do believe that these coins worth picking up. They all sold out at the mint and have a very low mintage. I wouldn't be surprised to see them trading at the hundred pound plus mark very soon. I have seen them described by other stackers as a sleeper but I do not believe they will be asleep for very long!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am hoping for 666 ))) I think his enthusiasm is to be applauded but at the same time I do not believe he is right about the valuation of these low certificates.

I do believe that these coins worth picking up. They all sold out at the mint and have a very low mintage. I wouldn't be surprised to see them trading at the hundred pound plus mark very soon. I have seen them described by other stackers as a sleeper but I do not believe they will be asleep for very long!

Most of the collectors on here already have one or more of the Berlin kooks,they are stunning coins.It is a no brainer to buy one as the kook proofs finished in 2005. Emk still have a few but they have increased the price by 20 euros since i bought mine on the release date.

That would be a good number to get for the Lunar Skulls coins.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

That would be a good number to get for the Lunar Skulls coins.

If my skull coin ever arrives!

People love numbers don't they, 

Whether it be a slabbed coin 70 rather than 69 (which as far as I'm aware with the naked eye they would be indistinguishable?)

A low certificate number

Mintage figures

etc

The above sometimes seem much more important than the actual coin itself, especially if part of a popular series

I suppose that is the world of collecting where the coin can become almost an afterthought. 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Archived