• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

White Lion of Mortimer 2oz

Goldmamber

Well, I've given it some thought ... and as some on the Forum have already rightly noted, this coin is clearly lacking something.

It just needs that certain 'wow' factor to be added to the mix ...  to persuade all of us discerning stackers and collectors to fully engage with it.

So, in my own small way, I thought I'd try to help the Royal Mint out a bit ...

1565993471_WhiteLion.png.8caa9779beef1490381b5fe436af8b4b.png

I know! Right? ... Only the most subtle of changes. Yet, the piece is effectively transformed!

Moreover, we can now fully understand where they were intending to go with this ...

1903392_TinaTurner.png.78a112f5eb73fd4391fe9d5dfbedb663.png

No, Royal Mint! Put your wallet away. A simple 'thank you' will suffice.

NeutronJack

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, NeutronJack said:

Moreover, we can now fully understand where they were intending to go with this ..

Queen beast series 2 

2nd chance

Royal mint will be making better design next time 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

10 hours ago, fehk2001 said:

Queen beast series 2 

2nd chance

Royal mint will be making better design next time 

I think that they would like to do a second series to be honest as i would imagine that this is probably their most successful coin series in a long while. However they will have to wait until Charles is king 

17 hours ago, JackKlugman said:

I think that they would like to do a second series to be honest as i would imagine that this is probably their most successful coin series in a long while. However they will have to wait until Charles is king 

If and when Charles becomes king, I’m packing in collecting. Henry IX is a better bet.

6 hours ago, TonyS said:

If and when Charles becomes king, I’m packing in collecting. Henry IX is a better bet.

Well Prince Charles is in his 70's and Liz does not appear to be giving up the throne any time soon so maybe we will get season 2 (Charles) and then in a few years season three (William)

22 hours ago, TonyS said:

Out of curiosity as a non-UK citizen, does Charles get his own beasts? Is there some overlap with Liz II's beasts? How does this work or do we just have to wait to find out?

15 minutes ago, AgCoyote said:

Out of curiosity as a non-UK citizen, does Charles get his own beasts? Is there some overlap with Liz II's beasts? How does this work or do we just have to wait to find out?

They are the same beasts, they are the houses of past royalty, if queens doesn't make it to number 10 then it would still be printed but with Charlie boys head on it rather then the queens....I wonder if they'll ever do another series like the kings flowers and make the red rose, etc..not as appealing but could get to ten easily.

2 hours ago, AgCoyote said:

Here's the story of the Queen's Beasts in terms of the role the sculptures played on the day of Her Majesty's Coronation: 

https://www.kew.org/read-and-watch/the-queens-beasts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Queen's_Beasts

Archived