• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Has anyone slabbed the Queen Vic celebratory Sov?

Safestacker

30 minutes ago, Safestacker said:

Hi all

Just wondered if anyone has had this coin graded and if so, how did it do ? Since it’s bullion standard... 

It is made to a brilliant uncirculated standard and so the quality should be much higher than a regular bullion sovereign.

A batch has come back recently from Numistacker, that you can see in his thread... a few of them have received MS70 MATTE grades. So, they have so far graded surprisingly well. I myself have one currently in for grading, hoping to receive it back in the next week or two.

Apologies for hijacking the thread - back to the subject - I did see a couple of graded examples of the Queen Vic anniversary on Ebay yesterday.....Seem to be quite pricey - not clear whether they actually sell at that rate though...

The 4 last graded, the 3 70's are ones I've submitted. They are lovely coins. 

You can get them graded from 18 quid but I always send mine to ncs to make sure they are perfect before grading, so that would be 30 quid.

2 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Can anyone confirm what it would cost to submit a coin, like this, for grading? Apologies if the answers are already published - please kindly signpost me if so!

Without wishing to be seen taking away numi's business but as you live inLondon it is very easy to grade them yourself. You can drop them off and pick up at the NGC office very easily.

The only issue is how many you will be sending in one year. If you are going to spend £120 on fees then your membership will be covered and as long as you submit enough coins to justify paying the 10£ tier fee yourself it will work out cheaper than using Numi.

As an aside, and I haven't seen it mentioned before; although NGC quote uk prices including vat, the vat part is refunded as the service is provided in the states. I think at some point they are hoping to have grading weeks in London as they currently do in Munich. Therefore I would imagine the vat will be payable in that case.

Numi's service has been invaluable for low volume graders and those who would find it difficult to get to London economically. Also anyone who wouldn't feel confident dealing with the paperwork etc

some people enjoy the YouTube exposure but others don't want it.

I didn't mean this post to be a review of numi's service as I've never used it but to those who've never graded themselves, it can be an interesting and rewarding experience.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

2 hours ago, terakris said:

You can get them graded from 18 quid but I always send mine to ncs to make sure they are perfect before grading, so that would be 30 quid.

What’s NCS?

3 hours ago, terakris said:

I wish I knew that before I sent mine in for grading... I did actually wonder about this. I'm still hoping to get a 70, we will see.

1 hour ago, Safestacker said:

What’s NCS?

It's ngc conservation service. So they inspect and if needed professionally clean the cpins. It can get some great results on older coins that may have some haze on them but I've had coins get a 69, send for ncs and regrading and come back as a 70 so for 12 quid per coin I usually pay the extra to ensure the coin is as good as it can be before grading.

With the Vic 200 sovereign though I've seen some that I wouldn't call perfect getting a 70, but it's pre production marks on post so it's a tough one. I was lucky and all 3 that I sourced were actually perfect so was comfortable they would all get a 70.

I'll send any of the new matching sov over for grading too and then maybe if I get a pair of 70 spare sell them in a set of 2 coins which might be a nice set to get.

6 minutes ago, terakris said:

was lucky and all 3 that I sourced were actually perfect so was comfortable they would all get a 70.

But you sent them to NCS regardless, just to make sure? Didn't you feel uncomfortable sending perfect new coins to NCS? Sorry, it's just all these questions going around in my mind  😛

Just now, goldmember44 said:

But you sent them to NCS regardless, just to make sure? Didn't you feel uncomfortable sending perfect new coins to NCS? Sorry, it's just all these questions going around in my mind  😛

If I was just submitting those perhaps I would have just sent for grading but I was submitting other coins for myself and another member that wanted ncs so put them all on the same form. If they got there and had a little mark on them from say when I put the coin in the flip it could get marked down so I just send all my coins to ncs now.

1 minute ago, terakris said:

If I was just submitting those perhaps I would have just sent for grading but I was submitting other coins for myself and another member that wanted ncs so put them all on the same form. If they got there and had a little mark on them from say when I put the coin in the flip it could get marked down so I just send all my coins to ncs now.

Thanks, good to know. Sometimes it's wise to pay just a little more for overall better results and peace of mind. Because one grade difference can sometimes mean thousands of pounds...

8 hours ago, terakris said:

did you ever get any messages from ngc advising a coin would benefit from ncs?

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Archived