• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Favourite 20th Century Coins

AndrewSL76

Little known Far East coins have good premium built into them in the right market. Sold this beauty recently after getting it verified genuine for £155. Tibetan Rupee. 

Also this Palestinian British 100 Mil, the 1934 (don’t have a pic - pic is of a 1939 I sold just earlier today) sold it for £169. 

There are so many rare coins that you can pick up from random places as long as you have the knowledge 

8AC781B6-7D20-44FF-92ED-30911C9F1596.jpeg

E63119B9-DC8A-45EE-BBAF-F364B1D54666.jpeg

10888B73-A9FF-4CC0-A2FA-72064FD7E8EA.jpeg

2B2BF772-3864-47C6-94FE-844FD29BC5AA.jpeg

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

My coin collection is mainly modern silver proofs & these two designs are amongst my favourite 20th C designs for different reasons. The 2oz lunar rabbit proof was the very 1st lunar proof I bought it is a stunning coin with a simple pleasing design. The mob of roos is tiny 1990 $1 coin from the Royal Australian mint masterpieces series & cheap as chips but a fab design IMHO.

P1010650.JPG

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

4 minutes ago, motorbikez said:

My coin collection is mainly modern silver proofs & these two designs are amongst my favourite 20th C designs for different reasons. The 2oz lunar rabbit proof was the very 1st lunar proof I bought it is a stunning coin with a simple pleasing design. The mob of roos is tiny 1990 $1 coin from the Royal Australian mint masterpieces series & cheap as chips but a fab design IMHO.

P1010650.JPG

THIS! This is exactly what I am looking for. Lovely designs that do not cost the earth and are timeless and will look great in a date run among others! Thanks for sharing this.

So - this is what I have so far:

I definitely need more variation! Please keep the suggestions coming! 

1902 Sixpence United Kingdom
1906 Threepence United Kingdom
1907 Shilling United Kingdom
1908 10 Francs France
1916 Florin United Kingdom
1919 Dos Pesos Mexico
1929 50 Piastres Syria
1942 Threepence (one dot) New Zealand
1945 Walking Liberty Half Dollar United States
1947 Cuauhtemoc Cincos Pesos Mexico
1952 Benjamin Franklin Half Dollar United States
1964 JFK Half Dollar United States
1982 Libertad Mexico
1986 Silver Eagle United States
1990 Kookaburra Australia
1993 Kangaroo Australia
1997 1oz Britannia United Kingdom

How about a 2 1/2 Gulden silver coin from Holland, sometime from the 1960s perhaps?  Or some Krona/Krone coins from Norway and Sweden with silver content?  Danish Skillings?  Swiss 2 Francs or 5 Francs?

A nice idea might be to choose coins from countries where the date is an important milestone in that particular country's history.  If the coins you choose are circulation coins, you can speculate about who used them and held them when they were new 😊

On 21/08/2019 at 23:08, Stuntman said:

How about a 2 1/2 Gulden silver coin from Holland, sometime from the 1960s perhaps?  Or some Krona/Krone coins from Norway and Sweden with silver content?  Danish Skillings?  Swiss 2 Francs or 5 Francs?

A nice idea might be to choose coins from countries where the date is an important milestone in that particular country's history.  If the coins you choose are circulation coins, you can speculate about who used them and held them when they were new 😊

I have my eye on a nice 21/2 Guilder but the price is a bit high at the moment. This is a two year project and the big ticket items (anything over £200.00) are all in a savings plan!! The Guilder is not at that level but to find a EF version is not easy, I fear! 

On 22/08/2019 at 01:50, RacerCool said:

And also the Standing Liberty quarter. Specimens in excellent condition are absurdly spendy. 

Incredible. Love that coin so much. It’s a dead cert for the collection but, again, will need to save...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived