• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Copper bullion?

What are people thoughts of copper bullion.  5KG bars?

Not really precious.

Certainly won't have to worry about condition issues or fakes as it is a very cheap metal.

It has lots of uses.

Is it worth grabbing 20 KG's or so for the long term?

6 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

probably cheaper to save copper pennies or copper

scrap. what's the premium? risk/reward?

HH

£88 for 5KG.

Hardly a huge gamble.  If some intruder breaks in could always go crock dundee with it.

56p an ounce.

probably won't turn a profit if sold as bullion.

(unless my maths is wrong, it's quite a premium

over spot)

better suited to the novelty/expendable income

category.

(risk is not solely about amount of risk(£) it can

also be represented as % risk of amount invested.)

HH

14 hours ago, HawkHybrid said:

probably cheaper to save copper pennies or copper

scrap. what's the premium? risk/reward?

HH

This.

Just gather copper pennies as you come across them (pre-1982 if in USA), or dig through bank rolls for them. As much as I love copper (my kitchen is accented with it), if you're going to weigh down your stack with with inexpensive metal, make it silver.

• 11 months later...

The best copper is free copper, so pennies would be great. Also scrap copper but dont pay for it, there's enough out there for free. When you have enough copper, exchange it for silver if you're in the US, if in the UK, Ireland or Europe, go for gold. (We pay a whopping 23% sales tax on silver in most EU countries. Plus premium.)

• Founder & Administrator

Moved to the other investments section as isn’t a precious metal, but presuming you are looking at it from a possible investment point of view.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

• 1 month later...

Cooper seems to be rising at the moment especially in places like Lebanon. Its starting to act more like a precious metal, which is highly interesting. 
It does make me wonder if people will take apart their central heating systems if it does become more valuable LOL. 

Do you have a link to the Copper Bar? Yes £85 even for the novelty value. I could probably dupe people into thinking its an old gold bar ;)

On 10/06/2020 at 03:29, CoinHound said:

I pick up the occasional copper round because many of them are beautiful, but I do not ever expect to make money on them.

That Aztec one for swap the other day was stunning!! I agree. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived