• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Confiscation UK ?

scubajunky

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, silenceissilver said:

Ownership (of anything) is.

Don't forget, according to the World Economic Forum, "by 2030 you will own nothing and you will be happy."

Yes these are the rumours that are flying around. Who thinks this is serious and that there is a serious chance to become reality? As I see it, humans are in general far too materialistic and greedy to just give away all their property to the government, and become just one of the bunch of people who live on handouts. There would be riots like you have never seen before! 

1 hour ago, goldmember44 said:

Yes these are the rumours that are flying around. Who thinks this is serious and that there is a serious chance to become reality? As I see it, humans are in general far too materialistic and greedy to just give away all their property to the government, and become just one of the bunch of people who live on handouts. There would be riots like you have never seen before! 

Yes exactly it will never happen.

1 hour ago, goldmember44 said:

Of course people will not want it, the elites do. If they will get through with this, is another question, of course.

The plan very clearly seems to be to crash the supply chains - look up Cyber Polygon 2021 - which has striking similarities so Event 201 thus we know it's not just an exercise but their plan- and to offer universal basic income, debt forgiveness but only if you sign not to own anything every again.

Let's hope they won't get away with this. One way to do that is to spread this knowledge before it happens.

37 minutes ago, silenceissilver said:

Of course people will not want it, the elites do. If they will get through with this, is another question, of course.

The plan very clearly seems to be to crash the supply chains - look up Cyber Polygon 2021 - which has striking similarities so Event 201 thus we know it's not just an exercise but their plan- and to offer universal basic income, debt forgiveness but only if you sign not to own anything every again.

Let's hope they won't get away with this. One way to do that is to spread this knowledge before it happens.

Exactly - look at the handouts happening with the US fiscal policy - the people in US are becoming used to this way of life now and will start screaming when the tap gets turned off by USGovt. 

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

22 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

You can wave good bye to those now we are out of the EU. The government will use thier own laws over and beyond that and its already happening

The Human Rights Act 1998 sets out the fundamental rights and freedoms that everyone in the UK is entitled to irrespective of whether the UK is a member of the European Union or not.

1 minute ago, Zeustagold said:

The Human Rights Act 1998 sets out the fundamental rights and freedoms that everyone in the UK is entitled to irrespective of whether the UK is a member of the European Union or not.

I wouldnt hold your breath on that mate! they are being erroded evryday

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

I've been looking into the recent history of Venezuela. We are currently of very similar paths. Although we all have a common interest of insuring ourselves against this I wonder if there is anything we can learn. I understand that there are many poor people who have become over reliant on government hand outs in the past but has anyone benefited? Had anyone seen what was coming and used it to their advantage?

Also I was thinking if tracking a few things (phone contracts, milk, fuel, energy cost) in real time rather than what's reported. Does anyone have any ideas of telltale signs that inflation is actually happening? My thinking behind this is it may help me to decide when and if to up my PM's budget.

4 minutes ago, Zeustagold said:

Didn't Teresa may change it so that the armed forces were exempt in 2013? I think they had got overwhelmed in court cases and she wanted soldiers to act as soldiers and not be concerned about the the results of their actions. I'm not sure if this is fact, just going off of memory.

When you read the human rights act, it has so many clause's in it. Very difficult to decipher.

20 minutes ago, Bigmarc said:

Didn't Teresa may change it so that the armed forces were exempt in 2013? I think they had got overwhelmed in court cases and she wanted soldiers to act as soldiers and not be concerned about the the results of their actions. I'm not sure if this is fact, just going off of memory.

When you read the human rights act, it has so many clause's in it. Very difficult to decipher.

Yes your right as I was still serving in the military at the time.

1 hour ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Yes your right as I was still serving in the military at the time.

Hereford?

What colour is the boathouse? 😉 

My original point was all acts can change at a moment's notice. I lay awake at night wondering why I buy a coin because it's CGT free now. You know they will strip that away at some point.

On 11/06/2019 at 22:37, scubajunky said:

Hi all,

Gold has been confiscated in the USA before but I don't think it ever has in the UK.

Could it happen in the UK if the global markets crash and financial carnage ensues, do you think they could confiscate your gold in the UK ? 

I'm a bit gutted I spent over 10k £ in one year on gold because I was asked to then provide my passport details to get my next coin.

Gold was not confiscated in the USA. It is propaganda spouted by dodgy US dealers.

Try reading https://www.chards.co.uk/blog/confiscation-of-gold-bullion/778

It was not confiscated in the UK either:

https://www.chards.co.uk/blog/exchange-control-act/785

ID and reporting:

https://www.chards.co.uk/blog/acceptable-forms-of-id/413

Anthing else you need to know, we probably have it covered, and we tell you the truth not bull! 🙂

Chards

20 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Gold was not confiscated in the USA. It is propaganda spouted by dodgy US dealers.

ID and reporting:

Anthing else you need to know, we probably have it covered, and we tell you the truth not bull! 🙂

Interesting, I always knew they had to sell but never knew there was a threshold.

Dis-information is rife at the moment, it's really difficult to get the solid facts with the amount off dross that's floating about.

3 minutes ago, Bigmarc said:

Dis-information is rife at the moment, it's really difficult to get the solid facts with the amount off dross that's floating about.

Fake news has been around for a long time, but most of our news used to come from mainstream media, who were not perfect.

There have always been dishonest salesmen and hype merchants.

Now fake news, and partially accurate stuff, comes out of the woodwork, including social media sites.

I suspect the mainstream media have lowered their standards to compete.

Chards

43 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

You cant beat a beat of BULLY - ONLY HEREFORD BULL MIND!

hereford-bull-1387023.jpg

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

Good job I stopped short of what I originally meant to say - bullshit!

(Will that get auto-asterisked?)

Ahh but Hereford BS is special it will make ya Rhurbarb grow massive and ya cucumber plants - especially in Leeds. @5huggy knows this as testament, the cucumber sandwiches are pretty distinct in taste up there!

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

ID and reporting:

I consider the difference between confiscation and being made illegal to own above a threshold for bullion gold  the same as the difference between theft and robbery or at least as the difference between blackmail and robbery, thus after all semantics and not as crucially different.

And even if it was not very well enforceable, it would still be the difference between an attempted blackmail and and unsuccessful blackmail. There is no whitewashing it.

So, is it a risk for gold owners today? I'm sure most here would agree, if the government did this they could go and ... themselves. Not my gold. I think even now it would be practically very hard to enforce, even though it would be much easier because the government could get the records of all online purchases, if they only wanted.

But does the government actually want us to get rid of our gold or will they, in the foreseeable future?

We know the answer - yes, however not specifically gold but instead - everything  - because "by 2030 you'll own nothing and you'll be happy" - this is a quote from the World Economic Forum from promotional video from 2016. The World Economic Forum, where all the world's top politicians and billionaires meet. They still have a variation of this online, today:

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/11/how-life-could-change-2030/

We know the UK government will do as the WEF wants because we can see it very clearly with the Corona policies (See the book of the head of the World Economic Forum, Klaus Schwab from last Summer "Covid19: The Great Reset".

"Welcome to the year 2030. Welcome to my city - or should I say, "our city". I don't own anything. I don't own a car. I don't own a house. I don't own any appliances or any clothes."

Will the powers that be that don't want us to own our own underwear, want us to own gold? I submit - no.

1 minute ago, silenceissilver said:

"

Will the powers that be that don't want us to own our own underwear, want us to own gold? I submit - no.

Well they will have hard chance getting mine off - I wear mine back to front and inside out to get even wear out of em and have worn the same ones for 40 years...

1 hour ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Ahh but Hereford BS is special it will make ya Rhurbarb grow massive and ya cucumber plants - especially in Leeds. @5huggy knows this as testament, the cucumber sandwiches are pretty distinct in taste up there!

I think Leeds used to be part of the rhubarb triangle, but didn't know the Ruhr valley was part of it.🙂

Chards

1 hour ago, silenceissilver said:

I consider the difference between confiscation and being made illegal to own above a threshold for bullion gold  the same as the difference between theft and robbery or at least as the difference between blackmail and robbery, thus after all semantics and not as crucially different.

And even if it was not very well enforceable, it would still be the difference between an attempted blackmail and and unsuccessful blackmail. There is no whitewashing it.

So, is it a risk for gold owners today? I'm sure most here would agree, if the government did this they could go and ... themselves. Not my gold. I think even now it would be practically very hard to enforce, even though it would be much easier because the government could get the records of all online purchases, if they only wanted.

But does the government actually want us to get rid of our gold or will they, in the foreseeable future?

We know the answer - yes, however not specifically gold but instead - everything  - because "by 2030 you'll own nothing and you'll be happy" - this is a quote from the World Economic Forum from promotional video from 2016. The World Economic Forum, where all the world's top politicians and billionaires meet. They still have a variation of this online, today:

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/11/how-life-could-change-2030/

We know the UK government will do as the WEF wants because we can see it very clearly with the Corona policies (See the book of the head of the World Economic Forum, Klaus Schwab from last Summer "Covid19: The Great Reset".

"Welcome to the year 2030. Welcome to my city - or should I say, "our city". I don't own anything. I don't own a car. I don't own a house. I don't own any appliances or any clothes."

Do I detect just a tiny hint of cynicism?

I too think cynicism is healthy, but only within reason. I would on balance prefer to remain optimistic.

There do appear to be many worse places in the world to be, although I am sure there are also better ones.

Chards

I think there was a thread on this some while ago.  

I think that governments would go after easy money first - bank accounts and pension investments, ISA’s, windfall taxes on wealth.  

Gold is probably low on their list as it is difficult to locate - unlike stock, pensions etc there are no “registers”.  

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

2 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

You cant beat a beat of BULLY - ONLY HEREFORD BULL MIND!

hereford-bull-1387023.jpg

I will bet not many know the purpose of the spikes in the bulls ring....

Not my circus, not my monkeys

10 minutes ago, dicker said:

I will bet not many know the purpose of the spikes in the bulls ring....

prevent weaning i believe!

Archived