• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Canadian Mint (RCM) and stupid sizes coins .....gggrrhrhhh

Paul

Although i might sound like my grand-dad (god rest his soul) here, "when i was a lad, an ounce of silver was an ounce of silver"

What have we had the past few years

1.5oz Polar Bear

now

1.5oz Arctic Fox

now a bit in between, neither and ounce or a 1.5oz

1.25 oz Bison

this is launched to go with now under an ounce, not an ounce and not a half ounce but

0.75oz wolf 

These odd fractional amounts certainly don't make make gravitate over to buy any more than one, simply to add (x1) to the stack.

Mints..........just stick to 1oz coins ...........so much more easy to count and track where one is at.

Yes I agree stick to 1 whole ounce and not fractions thereof.

I tend not to buy any RCM coins now because of the milk spots, I know it is still an ounce of silver (or 1.5 or .75) but it should not be covered in spots.

My next order from STG will NOT include any RCM coins. I will pay a bit more and grab another 20 Britannia's or the new Pandas.

That said they are one hell of way to the old average down. Silver is silver spotty or not.

I'm not buying any more RCM coins. Havent for a while. The milk spots are annoying but their attitude about it is what actually aggravates me. Their frankly awful portrait of her Majesty is quite grating, and the silly sizes just give me one more excuse to seek bullion elsewhere.

It is awkward from the point of maintaining a nice rounded up stack, but I like the thickness of the 1.5 oz.

More importantly though, if I can secure something slightly less run of the mill than a maple within my price per Oz limit....... why not?

Currently stacking 1/4 oz (22ct) and Sovs.

I wonder whether RCM have had low sales figures due to milk-spot stacking avoidance and they are trying to tempt us with novelty sizes.

I haven't the checked sales figures to back up my theory but if anybody would like to find them I would be interested.

Sales aren't a problem.  http://agaunews.com/comparative-bullion-sales-perth-u-s-royal-canadian-mints/

If it fits in a standard capsule then it's worth considering if it's

reasonably priced and you like the design. I hate having to

route around for proprietary stuff. of course they could also

supply it in capsules as perth mint do.

(I think the 1.5oz ones fit in a crown piedfort capsule)

HH

http://www.mint.ca/store/coins/1-oz.-fine-silver-coin-ndash-polar-bear-and-cub-ndash-mintage-7500-2015-prod2210323;jsessionid=EA29AECD2A8656ECFDD0353A935BD3FB.node1-1#.VISuf3uzrh4

I just think the RCM need to employ better artists to design their coins.

I don't like any of their coins lately. The cub doesn't look right and the adult bear's legs seem to be disproportionately big.

Anyone ever figured out why the second in the series - Arctic Fox - 1.5oz is overpriced compared to its pre-decessor the Polar Bear ?

I would like a tube of Wolves but not at the current premium.

These odd size coins may be next decade numismatic coins :)

Silent sleeper coins ?

If we all knew the golden formula to guaranteed wealth happiness and prosperity ahead we would follow it

Stack what you yourself like to stack.

Stacker? Collector? Speculator? Dollar cost average guy? Get my average per oz down? think I'm a mix of all these sorry.

The 1.5oz feel awesome in your hand. Like how I imagined a 1oz before I bought any coins.

A shame about the spots, but I guess they keep the premiums down by keeping the process cheap. They are consistently among the lowest priced coins so can't complain really.

Paul - you've pretty much described me in your last sentence. I got drawn to silver by all the US stacker videos on Youtube. There are some beautiful coins out there and I want to collect a wide range of coins, mainly 1oz, as well as some of the interesting silver rounds.

I haven't got the money to stack like some people - the yanks have it much easier with their near to spot prices - nor would I want to have the security issues of holding thousands of £'s of silver in my house.

I'm happy to plod along!

P.S. - just placed my 1st STG order. I can't believe how much cheaper they are than the UK dealers.

Archived