• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mail UK Special Delivery

MickD

3 minutes ago, Michal said:

Lucky you, I send 6 oz coins in 1st class and only empty envelope arrived, no compensation will be given for PM in any other service than Special Delivery. So I lost 100 quids. Remember that for compensation for lost/damaged item you have to have sale or purchase proof. 

That stinks. 

A quick feel of an envelope and the thieving git is up £100 for the day ! Did you wrap in a way to hide the fact they were coins ? I always cover the coin both sides in an oversize pice of cardboard.

Yep, I always pack them firmly and check is there any sign that there are coins inside, so no jingling as well. I simply build up tight cardboard box around it. Learning process cost and that was my tuition fee. So for all here, thefts do happeneds and be aware that in any other service than SD you will take a hit. More than that, you need to have a proof that you bought/sold items that you claim to be in parcel so bank transfer will not be enough as a proof. Papal F&F will.

P.S.

Name on parcel have to be the same as in paypayl payment, and it helps that in transfer descriptions you put name and quantity of what you bought/sold.

14 hours ago, Michal said:

Yep, I always pack them firmly

Have you been taking lessons from Amazon?

Their record so far is for a bottle of champagne, a box within a box, within a box, within a box, within a box. Not to mention the acres of paper wadding.

• 2 months later...
20 minutes ago, JosephM said:

Well second time now special delivery guaranteed by 1pm not here again 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Make a claim, get the money back!!!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Archived