• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Darlington Coins

Hillbilly Sheep

I'm about to make my second purchase of silver tomorrow and I found Darlington Coins on e-bay.  They seem to be the cheapest I can find.

Anyone had any dealings with them ?  Is there anywhere cheaper ?

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/darlingtoncoins/ 

e.g 2014 1oz Silver Eagle  £19.49 delivered. 

i bought from them in my early days when i was only buying from ebay

Used them maybe 10-dozen times for single coin purchases without no problems

how many is it you are looking to buy ? as you can get cheaper from europe if buying a tubes worth 

I'm only buying one or two at a time just now.

Hopefully later on I'll be able to buy tubes worth at a time.

from a man with a couple of years on the stacking clock, please just save your money  until you have enough to buy a tubes worth

buy one today @ £19.49 from darlingtons

buy x20 singles from darlingtons over time @ £19.49 = £389.80

save up your cash until you have £390

got to silver to go

order a tube of x20 @ £13.41 per coin £268.20 shipping to UK add £7.95 = £276.15

£389.80 - £276.15 = £113.75 saving (!)

add the £113.75 saving and you could actually order another 8oz from STG to go with your tube (£113.75 / £13.41)

You'll never get better advice than that.

If you are not collecting and are purely stacking, it is never worth buying lass than 5 at a time...and never from the UK.

Do the sums yourself comparing the checkout of any UK site with a German one.

Currently stacking 1/4 oz (22ct) and Sovs.

Really no point paying over the odds for plain bullion. Maybe collect something numismatic instead if you really feel the urge, or scour ebay for junk or weird coins close to spot that no-one else wants to buy. I'd bet most people on here have probably got a couple of bizarre coins in their collection from random ebay purchases!

I bought a few coins from them, all good fast delivery, great coins. Then I bought a Slabbed Panda graded 70, when I got the coin it was covered in milk spots. I returned the coin & got a full refund. I posted a positive feedback on ebay saying despite the coin having milk spots the overall service was good.

Last week I tried buying another coin but it would appear the seller has blocked me from making any further purchases.

Shame, but hey, other sellers out there.

Ah, don't you listen to 'em HS. The whole point of stacking silver is to have silver. Get your first few ounces as and when you can, then you have some there, in hand. Then you can start saving for larger orders. That is what everyone else did here! lol It is only looking back now that makes people think "Damn, those first few ounces really push my pound per ounce total up!" lol So keep on with the expensive ounes, it is better than no ounces if SHTF and you can start getting bigger deals later.

I don't think people realise that is you are only planning to buy 1 coin per month, then saving up to buy a whole tube at that rate could take over a year, prices could have gone way up ny then! :blink::wacko::unsure:

With current spot being so low, paying practically double just fo get a single coin seems very desperate, and not good investment advice. Whilst saving for a tube might be a big ask, saving for 5 coins and taking advantage of Atkinsons mix/match for example, would still save in region of £15 over singles, which is practically another coin.

i sometimes forget those who are in this PMs fields and people are in for different reasons:

1. Some are pure stacker at absolute lowest cost (investors)
  2. Some are part stacker part collector
  3. Some are pure stacker but part speculator/gambler paying extra for semi numis coins for possible appreciation in years to come
  4. Some are pure collector ONLY (x1 coin of each variety) and not in this field for investment reasons
  5. Some are pure investor but with a very, very limited budget

If you are someone reading this who falls into the latter comment reading this, you will end up paying the very highest price (£) for single coins purchases, and as investment will have to wait the absolute highest length of time to see a positive return on your purchases/investments.  

My advice to you would be, it would be better just to hold a 100% cash position in the likes of ISAs/instant access savings.  At least with this you will always have 100% left of what you have invested into it albeit with the slow and gradual decline of your position through inflation.

For the record in am 60% - (3) with a 40% of (1) thrown in

• 5 months later...

You can buy directly from their site for a bit cheaper last time I checked. Maybe cheaper still with bank transfer.

I've only had a couple of coins from them as they are expensive. They do send them out very quickly.

http://darlingtoncoins.co.uk

I'm about to make my second purchase of silver tomorrow and I found Darlington Coins on e-bay.  They seem to be the cheapest I can find.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/darlingtoncoins/ 

www.darlingtoncoins.co.uk

e.g 50 x 2015 1oz Silver Maple Leaf Coins £825 that is only £16.50 a Coin

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/darlingtoncoins/   http://darlingtoncoins.co.uk/ For the Best Silver Price

• Founder & Administrator

@SilverFred Let me know if you need any help posting on the forum :) as your last message post is empty, apart from a quote.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Archived