• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hello from Spain

Jackmaio

Hello,

I m a new stacker from Spain. In  fact I m Portuguese but living in Spain and working in Gibraltar.

I realized I ve missed the latest order,. When there will be the next one..

Thanks and I hope to stay here for a long time 

Jackmaio

1 minute ago, Jackmaio said:

Hello,

I m a new stacker from Spain. In  fact I m Portuguese but living in Spain and working in Gibraltar.

I realized I ve missed the latest order,. When there will be the next one..

Thanks and I hope to stay here for a long time 

Jackmaio

It would probably be easier you ordering yourself, most of BYB EU Mint orders are for the UK

3 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

It would probably be easier you ordering yourself, most of BYB EU Mint orders are for the UK

would it be cheaper to order from them . I made a simulation and for example for 10 mapple leafs I would pay 40 Euros on transportation. I thought that Backyard Bullion could offer a better deal since he orders big quantities...

3 minutes ago, Jackmaio said:

would it be cheaper to order from them . I made a simulation and for example for 10 mapple leafs I would pay 40 Euros on transportation. I thought that Backyard Bullion could offer a better deal since he orders big quantities...

BYB gets them shipped to the UK and then from the UK back onto Europe again which is 2 postage costs, €40 seems excessive for postage, i'd shop around and get the postage cheaper. I can post up to 10 kg from Germany to the UK for €17.99, so someone is trying to rip you off with postage costs

Hi and welcome.
Living in Spain and working in Gibraltar - lovely

Are the cigarettes in Gibraltar still a ridiculous low price ?
Guess you have access to 1,000 per week with the 200 limit.
I'm not a smoker but it begs the question.

8 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

BYB gets them shipped to the UK and then from the UK back onto Europe again which is 2 postage costs, €40 seems excessive for postage, i'd shop around and get the postage cheaper. I can post up to 10 kg from Germany to the UK for €17.99, so someone is trying to rip you off with postage costs

Hi, please have a look at the shopping car from EU. 20 philarmonics would cost 30 Euros for delivery. Is it exagerated 

EU.PNG

Hi, please have a look at the shopping car from EU. 20 philarmonics would cost 30 Euros for delivery. Is it exagerated 

EU.PNG

From GSBE i think they are now using another courier and costs more

Added 0 minutes later...

Try the same with the Europeanmint and see what you get

Also try some of these and see what postage costs are https://www.gold.de/kaufen/silbermuenzen/wiener-philharmoniker/

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Hi and welcome.
Living in Spain and working in Gibraltar - lovely

Are the cigarettes in Gibraltar still a ridiculous low price ?
Guess you have access to 1,000 per week with the 200 limit.
I'm not a smoker but it begs the question.

not a smoker but a carton of Marlboros costs 27 pounds which is way cheaper than in Spain and even more than GB.

hence why so many smugglers make a good living around here

1 minute ago, KevinFlynn said:

How are the taxes on precious metals in Spain? You cannot go cheaper by ordering from a spanish dealer?

Hi Kevin,

Yes my first buy was from a reputable dealer from Barcelona

Andorranojoyeria.com 

But still I m looking for even cheaper deals

I ve simulated the same order in Andorrano and would cost 348 Euros, 3 more Euros than European Mint so not quite worth it. Maybe different quantities will make a worthy difference

Added 0 minutes later...
15 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

From GSBE i think they are now using another courier and costs more

Added 0 minutes later...

Try the same with the Europeanmint and see what you get

Also try some of these and see what postage costs are https://www.gold.de/kaufen/silbermuenzen/wiener-philharmoniker/

Thank you for the tips. Really helpful

2 hours ago, Jackmaio said:

Hi Kevin,

Yes my first buy was from a reputable dealer from Barcelona

Andorranojoyeria.com

The url is https://www.andorrano-joyeria.com

You should be able to get your silver IVA free wherever you order it - the issue is shipping costs.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

6 hours ago, KevinFlynn said:

How are the taxes on precious metals in Spain? You cannot go cheaper by ordering from a spanish dealer?

I m not sure how its taxing but I just noticed that I get better deals and cheaper deliverz service if I buy in Germany.

For future reference if you are in Spain maybe take a look at German dealers

I can offer this website to search for the cheapest german offers, here on Philharmonics, but prices per piece seems to be still higher than the one you quoted above, and that is before shipping.

Would you have the option to buy over the counter in your area? Somewhere where you would commute anyway?

Hi Kevin,

I can go to the local delaler but it s very far from my house.

Therefore, the dealers you suggest not only offer better prices but also cheap delivery. So far the best dealer prices I ve seen.

Quick question: As an investment why can t I see more mentions to the Philharmonics

Added 0 minutes later...
1 hour ago, KevinFlynn said:

I can offer this website to search for the cheapest german offers, here on Philharmonics, but prices per piece seems to be still higher than the one you quoted above, and that is before shipping.

Would you have the option to buy over the counter in your area? Somewhere where you would commute anyway?

Hi Kevin,

I can go to the local delaler but it s very far from my house.

Therefore, the dealers you suggest not only offer better prices but also cheap delivery. So far the best dealer prices I ve seen.

Quick question: As an investment why can t I see more mentions to the Philharmonics

You mean on this forum?

I feel that Wiener Philharmoniker are kind of a niche investment coin in anglo-american circles. I think, because Britannias (and now Queen's Beasts) and Sovereigns over here and American Eagles and Maple Leaves over there are readily available local coins. Philharmonics have to be popular somewhere, looking at their minting numbers, but it is not the main popular coin in Germany (which is the Maple). Surely in Austria, maybe in those regions that were reached by Austro-Hungarian coins (see Maria Theresien Taler) but that is pure speculation. I vaguely remember hearing about some reception in South East Asia.

Others may have more accurate information.

Personally, I find the coin design too uninteresting and modernized, and I cannot bring myself to like the denomination of 1.50, which I find strange and too modernized as well. It reminds me of the endless lines of german and austrian commemorative coins (even if government printed) and Euro coin designs. Not that workmanship and printing quality would not be excellent, however.

Archived